ZD30 Update - thread 66229

Submitted: Monday, Mar 23, 2009 at 14:32
ThreadID: 67111 Views:2283 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi everyone,

Well it has been a month and the Patrol went in today to get a new head. I would have put the beast in earlier but I was waiting for quotes etc. Luckily I did wait as I was very surprised and relieved when Nissan Australia agreed to provide all parts for free (ie the head, seals etc).

This is pretty good in my books. Yes the engine is rubbish but after a phone call and e-mail they agreed to help out. Not too bad since the Patrol is out of warranty.

I agree with almost everyone’s comments about the old ZD30, but at least Nissan are coming to the party. They could have turned their back on the situation (which apparently happens a lot with most manufactures these days).

I will hopefully see the Patrol rolling again by the end of the week. I will give details to what they find.

I am trying to be out around the Gregory National Park at Easter now, so happy travels everyone.

Dave
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Lotzi - Monday, Mar 23, 2009 at 16:08

Monday, Mar 23, 2009 at 16:08
G'day Dave and Shell

That is great news, there have been quite a few threads in the last few weeks and longer re the ZD30, at least your getting somewhere.
Keep all documents as they may have set a precedent, one day I reckon there may be a consumer class action over this.
Cheers
Lotzi
AnswerID: 355695

Reply By: Bonz (Vic) - Thoughtfully- Monday, Mar 23, 2009 at 17:52

Monday, Mar 23, 2009 at 17:52
Way to go, if you are able could you post or email the details of who you spoke to at NIssan, a little bit of info is a handy thing., my emails behind my rib pic in my profile Ta
Time is an illusion produced by the passage of history

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 355722

Sponsored Links