Auto routing with street maps

Submitted: Wednesday, Mar 25, 2009 at 17:15
ThreadID: 67188 Views:2098 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all, i have just purchased a laptop, garmin 60csx, gps mouse, oziexplorer and the geoscience 1:250000 maps. My question is how do i get auto routing on my laptop to work with street maps. The garmin is shipped with a mapsource cd for the pc to download data from the gps. Could i purchse the city navigator software from garmin and run this in my laptop to navigate through the city streets, and will it be in full colour on my laptop as by the looks of the promotion, it doesnt look as good on my gps as it does on say a colorado garmin gps. Thankyou
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: chisel - Wednesday, Mar 25, 2009 at 17:21

Wednesday, Mar 25, 2009 at 17:21
I think you can install city navigator on your garmin and get street navigation there - albeit with a clunky interface for entering addresses, and just beeps for directions instead of a voice. I did this on a garmin legend.
Not sure about city navigator on your PC. I've not heard of that. I'm sure there are other software packages that can do street nav on your PC though (taking the feed from the garmin or the gps mouse).
AnswerID: 356130

Reply By: Skippy In The GU - Wednesday, Mar 25, 2009 at 18:18

Wednesday, Mar 25, 2009 at 18:18
Hi Glenn ,

you will need to download Nroute if you want autoroute with voice prompts when using Mapsource City navigator 2009NT. or you can just have moving maps by using Shonkymaps on Nroute just like Ozi Explorer

Garmin have brought out a new product called Topo Oz with is auto routable , not sure if it's better than OzTopV2.1

Cheers
AnswerID: 356137

Reply By: DIO - Wednesday, Mar 25, 2009 at 19:23

Wednesday, Mar 25, 2009 at 19:23
You have a Garmin. nRoute is a free download from Garmin. Have a look at it. Might suit your requirements.
AnswerID: 356151

Sponsored Links