What to do first

Submitted: Sunday, Mar 29, 2009 at 22:41
ThreadID: 67316 Views:2054 Replies:6 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Away for the weekend in Torquay on the Bellarine Peninsula, beautiful weather and we were sitting at breakfast at 1130am (that is NOT a typo) and debating what we should do first.

SWMBO said we should go down to the beach, Daughter #2 (SWMBOIT - in training) wanted to go buy sandals and there was the question also of icecreams to be eaten.

SWMBOIT said we should get her sandals, come back for the icecream and then go to the beach, SWMBO thought the icecream was more appropriate AFTER the beach and being the "DAD" they looked at me and asked what we should do before we go down to the beach.

Being authoritative, knowledgeable and trying to exude an air of quiet competence I replied, "I always drop the tyres to 15PSI before I go onto any beach."

Judging by the response that was not the reply they were looking for.......
Time is an illusion produced by the passage of history

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Blaze (Berri) - Sunday, Mar 29, 2009 at 22:52

Sunday, Mar 29, 2009 at 22:52
Little hint from someone a tad older LOL Do what SWMBO says, SHMBOIT, will eventually get married and leave the nest. SWMBO is with you for the long haul ... Cheers

As for the dropping tyre pressures, you moved from being a participant in the debate to becoming the debate. LOL
AnswerID: 356954

Reply By: Member - John (Vic) - Monday, Mar 30, 2009 at 01:39

Monday, Mar 30, 2009 at 01:39
Bonz last I looked Torquay was not on the Bellarine Peninsula but the west coast??? :-))
At the least it could be regarded as the South West edge of the BP??

In answer to you question, me thinks you were in trouble regardless of what you said :-)
VKS737 - Mobile 6352 (Selcall 6352)

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 356967

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Kerry W (QLD) - Monday, Mar 30, 2009 at 09:35

Monday, Mar 30, 2009 at 09:35
Bonz, I don't know about you but I'm always in Trouble with that lot, no matter what I say!!

Unless I just buy flowers and keep my ideas to myself. ;-)
Kerry W (Qld)
Security is mostly a superstition. It doesnt exist in nature. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
-Helen Keller

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 357001

Reply By: Member - JohnR (Vic) - Monday, Mar 30, 2009 at 10:11

Monday, Mar 30, 2009 at 10:11
.....and her response should have been " I knew you would have good advice for me Dad" But really how do you deflate sandals?
AnswerID: 357009

Reply By: Geoff (Newcastle, NSW) - Tuesday, Mar 31, 2009 at 10:48

Tuesday, Mar 31, 2009 at 10:48
Bonz,
Don't you just love the way the question is worded?

It beats Shakespeare hands down, no matter what answer you give it isn't going to be appropriate!

So now days I always answer the way you did, some obscure sporting or 4WD reference gets the eye's rolling.

I always end up being left in peace after that.

Geoff

Geoff,
Landcruiser HDJ78,
Grey hair is hereditary, you get it from children. Baldness is caused by watching the Wallabies.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message
Classifieds: Landcruiser 16x8 Rims,

AnswerID: 357231

Reply By: Member -Toonfish - Thursday, Apr 02, 2009 at 20:34

Thursday, Apr 02, 2009 at 20:34
gold bonz just gold!
whats with the kids of today?
2013/14 around oz adventure bound

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 357727