Talk about pulling your hair out

Submitted: Thursday, Apr 02, 2009 at 19:25
ThreadID: 67453 Views:2694 Replies:6 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
I’ve spent a fair bit of time on the web and visiting well know suppliers to ask advice, or get prices on electronic control devices for the new trailer.

Fair dickum it’s like talking to a stuffed chook with a hangover. I don’t blame the pimply faced kids, but rather the proprietor for lack of training.

I’m a reasonable sort of a fella and don’t expect the staff to know about everything, particularly if there are a wide range of products on offer, but from what I’ve seen, even the basics aren’t there.

The boy in one shop didn’t even know what a Bottle Jack was.

Walked into Repco and asked them for the best price on a CTEK 25000 battery charger. The boy showed me some piece of cheap Chinese crap worth $29. I stood there in amazement not knowing what to say.

Went into another shop and asked to see a regulator suitable for an 80w solar panel. I was shown some gadget which had four cigarette lighter connections!

Maybe I'm getting old and grumpy. LOL

Regards

Kim

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Paul W- Esq (VIC) - Thursday, Apr 02, 2009 at 20:06

Thursday, Apr 02, 2009 at 20:06
Kim & DD,

No your not getting old and grumpy,most of these shops only have 1 or 2 people in the place who know whats what. if you are looking for regs and chargers and the like, go to Award camping and annexe in FTG, most of them know something about everything in the shop,plus good prices to boot.i have no affiliation with them yaddah yaddah, just a happy customer.
AnswerID: 357717

Reply By: Member - Crazy Dog (QLD) - Thursday, Apr 02, 2009 at 20:08

Thursday, Apr 02, 2009 at 20:08
Nup!! You are spot on mate... The kids are hired at junior wages and that is exactly what you get...Junior opinions and information... I also do not blame the kids but the people who employ them at a pittance..

Oh for some good old fashioned service with a smile....

Grrr!!!
AnswerID: 357719

Reply By: Ino - Thursday, Apr 02, 2009 at 20:17

Thursday, Apr 02, 2009 at 20:17
Spot on.

The other day I was with a mate of mine as he went into Office Works to have a look at some security cameras they had on sale. After walking around for about 5 minutes and not being able to find out where they had them, he turns around and asks one for the PFYs who where hanging about like a bunch of emos. He turns around and asks the guy where do they have the security cameras.

At which point the guy looks at him as if he just landed from a different planet and then turns around and starts pointing at the security cameras hanging from the ceiling.

We both just about had to call 000 to rescue us, as we were in hysterics.

Sheesh...

Ino!~
AnswerID: 357722

Reply By: Member - Paul Mac (VIC) - Thursday, Apr 02, 2009 at 21:38

Thursday, Apr 02, 2009 at 21:38
G'day Kim,

I'll second the comment about Award RV in FTG Road. You usually get some good advice up there and if they haven't got it they can usually tell you were to get it.

I see your looking at the CTek 25000. I have a Ctek 15000 in my camper with a 3 stage charger. It does the job pretty well. Are you sure this is what your after? Not sure if its too much for your system or not.

You might also try Jaycar down on the Princess Hwy near the corner of Hallam Rd. Just next to the Jeep dealership. I was in there the other day and they had Ctek on the shelf so they might be able to give you some advise. Be warned though....they do have a coupke of young sales staff.....lol

Cheers.
AnswerID: 357737

Follow Up By: Kim and Damn Dog - Thursday, Apr 02, 2009 at 21:59

Thursday, Apr 02, 2009 at 21:59
Gidday Paul

Sorry, that should read CTEK 15000.

I was in that shop on Monday asking about the CTEK, and it took the young fella ten minutes to tell me they don't stock the brand.

Regards

Kim
FollowupID: 625854

Follow Up By: Member - Paul Mac (VIC) - Friday, Apr 03, 2009 at 08:10

Friday, Apr 03, 2009 at 08:10
Opps, sorry Kim, it must have been the Camec store I was in on the Frankston Dande Rd.

Cheers
FollowupID: 625893

Reply By: Best Off Road - Thursday, Apr 02, 2009 at 21:48

Thursday, Apr 02, 2009 at 21:48
Now tell the truth Kim.

The lad in the shop only got confused because you asked for his best price in Pounds, Shillings and Pence :-)

Regards,

Jim.

AnswerID: 357742

Follow Up By: Kim and Damn Dog - Thursday, Apr 02, 2009 at 22:04

Thursday, Apr 02, 2009 at 22:04
Come to think of it, I may have mentioned I only had a few Farthings in the pocket

LOL

Regards

Kimj
FollowupID: 625856

Reply By: Member - AJB (VIC) - Thursday, Apr 02, 2009 at 23:58

Thursday, Apr 02, 2009 at 23:58
We were all young once. Remember that? If we knew then what we know now we'd have not made the mistakes we've made but not had the fun making them. As we age, we know what we want so asking advise is irrelevant but asking permission, for some of us, becomes more important! They are kids having a go and have more important things on their mind (girls cars girls and cars and motorbikes and surfing and girls) than battery chargers and solar panels.
Must be a big bottle if you need a jack for it!
Is anything from China worth more than $29?
Keep your hair on, well whats left of it, calm down and pass on some wisdom when you can.
AnswerID: 357762

Follow Up By: Member - Graham H (QLD) - Friday, Apr 03, 2009 at 17:55

Friday, Apr 03, 2009 at 17:55
To many use the saying

Hire a teemager while they still know everything.

LOL

Remember a parent was once what your teenager is now.

FollowupID: 625999

Sponsored Links