GET WAYPOINTS

Submitted: Thursday, Apr 02, 2009 at 20:33
ThreadID: 67456 Views:2041 Replies:1 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Has anyone got the waypoints that go with this trek

http://www.exploroz.com/TrekNotes/FNQ/Cape_York.aspx

I have been in contact with Damian (ExplorOz) who tells me that the 'Get waypoints' function in the trek section is currently under development and he is unable to locate the waypoints.

If you look you can see the "Get Waypoint' hypertext is no longer working

I was hoping someone may have downloaded them before the " Get Waypoint " function ceased working and has them on file somewhere
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Thursday, Apr 02, 2009 at 22:44

Thursday, Apr 02, 2009 at 22:44
Kiwi,

We have not had a chance to turn the download back on at this stage. I have had a appointment cancelled for tomorrow so will see if I can get it running tomorrow (at least in a fashion to make it work). We have been working on these systems in the back ground and have decided on a new model to support the download of this and all GPS data. The currently un published rules will be as follows:
All GPS plots and waypoint downloads will be free to members. Non members will need to use the pointplace credits system in order to download data (point are purchased or awarded for uploads of data and we are working to add credits to account for place update and the like). Using a model like this ensures that we can continue to offer these services for the long term and will not simply collect everything and then go out of business. It also strengthens our member offering.
So I will see if I can get it running and will post in here when it is working.
David
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 357757

Follow Up By: KiwiAngler - Thursday, Apr 02, 2009 at 23:04

Thursday, Apr 02, 2009 at 23:04
David

Thanks for the quick response

I am off to 'The Cape' in June and am putting my trek notes and planning into full gear - getting just a little bit excited about the trip :-))) (you know the feeling) and wanted to use the trek that you and Mich did.

I have created my own waypoints list using Ozi and your trek notes but it would be nice if I could use your trek notes AND your waypoints list.

So no need to bust ya guts to do it tomorrow - Saturday will do - heheheehe

When you are ready mate - no probs :-)))
FollowupID: 625872

Follow Up By: Member - Greg T (ACT) - Friday, Apr 03, 2009 at 13:25

Friday, Apr 03, 2009 at 13:25
Thats great news about the downloading of waypoints.
i downloaded the waypoints it for my Abercrombie trip and found it very accurate as well as making me look like i knew what i was doing in front of the other trip members.

great stuff David. loving the trips i have found from this site
FollowupID: 625948

Sponsored Links