Long Range Tank and Snorkel - 4WD Systems

Submitted: Monday, Apr 06, 2009 at 21:06
ThreadID: 67619 Views:2560 Replies:6 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hello all,

I've got a 1996 4.2 diesel GQ with a standard fuel tank and no snorkel - I am planning a 6 week trip up to the top end and am intending to get a long range tank and snorkel.

Over the years I have occasionally seen adverts from 4WD Systems of Adelaide, and their prices seemed very competitive. However, I have been doing some searching through the archives and have found good and bad comments about the company/products - but these posts are a little old.

Has anyone had recent experience with 4WD Systems products, particularly the long range tanks and snorkels, and any comments on their after-sales service?

If you've not had any recent dealing with 4WD Systems, who else (brand) would you recommend ? (BTW - I am in the Canberra region)

Thanks in advance,
Jezza.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Sir SOOTY Kev & Darkie - Tuesday, Apr 07, 2009 at 06:45

Tuesday, Apr 07, 2009 at 06:45
I haven't used them but have used Airtec Snorkels and Long Ranger Fuel Tanks and was very happy with the quality.

Darkie is going to get either a Safari or an Airtec Snorkel when the finances permit.

There has been some discussions about 4WD Systems Long Range Tank, but I am unable to locate the post in question about it.

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 358513

Reply By: Willem - Tuesday, Apr 07, 2009 at 07:57

Tuesday, Apr 07, 2009 at 07:57
Jezza

My experience with them was not good.

I bought a roof rack off them in 2005

Poor installation and questionable practices and the product failed after twelve months. The rack was out of warranty and out of sympathy. So I had it repaired by a mate and sold it.

Cheers

AnswerID: 358521

Reply By: Member - Matt & Julie (VIC) - Tuesday, Apr 07, 2009 at 07:59

Tuesday, Apr 07, 2009 at 07:59
Hi Jezza

I got a long range tank for my GQ from them put it in and had no problems
I went back and had a Turbo fitted and no problems they also did a 2 inch lift as well
My GQ loves what I have done to her and in return she rides well and with a lot more power and don't have to stop as often for fuel
Cheers

Matt & Julie

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 358522

Reply By: Member - Roachie (SA) - Tuesday, Apr 07, 2009 at 08:26

Tuesday, Apr 07, 2009 at 08:26
I've fitted their larger sub tank (81 litres) and long range main tank (176 litres) to my GU. The new sub tank has been in for about 2 years and the new main tank is about 10 months. I haven't had any issues with either of them.......except for how much it costs to fill the buggars!!!!! hahahaha

As far as snorkels go, I would either go for the Safari or look at making your own from stainless steel..... there has been some recent discussions and photos on the Patrol4x4 forum on this topic recently.

Roachie
AnswerID: 358529

Reply By: patrolmann - Tuesday, Apr 07, 2009 at 13:30

Tuesday, Apr 07, 2009 at 13:30
Hi Jezza,
I have used 4wd systems for my gq and had a 2inch lift, a snorkel, dual batteries, on board comp and they went out of their way to fit me in and supplied me with a loaner while the patrol was having her facelift done.
I found them to be honest reliable and very and when one of the new rear foam shockers was leaking after 6 months they arranged for the guys to open up early enough for me to get the car out to them and replace it before had to be at work so didn't have to take time off work.
I think you will be very happy with their work and any after sales service you need.
I have no interest or affiliation with this company.
cheers partolman
AnswerID: 358579

Follow Up By: patrolmann - Tuesday, Apr 07, 2009 at 13:32

Tuesday, Apr 07, 2009 at 13:32
forgot about the 159 lite long range tank. Have not had any trouble with it
cheers
patrolman
FollowupID: 626638

Reply By: Member - Jezza (NSW) - Wednesday, Apr 08, 2009 at 17:19

Wednesday, Apr 08, 2009 at 17:19
Hello all,

Many thanks for your comments - looks like the company has lifted it's game in recent years, and given they are still trading they must be doing something right!

Thanks again for the feedback.

Cheers,
Jezza.
AnswerID: 358838

Sponsored Links