Black River Track

Submitted: Monday, Apr 20, 2009 at 14:12
ThreadID: 68039 Views:2886 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Just spent a week in Jamieson, Woods Point area with ex EO member Warfer, a great time and some great tracks. Late one afternoon we travelled out along Webber Spur Track and down to Black River Track, with the plan of doing this through to Lazarini Spur. After 2 hours of driving to get to the Goulburn River and Burnt Camp, we were confronted with a deeply rutted track that would have needed either some 35 or 37 tyres or some major fill to make it possible to drive. With the time around 4.30pm we decided to back track as we couldnt see any other tracks that we new didn't have impassable parts on it. At about 7.30pm we got back to camp. Has anyone done this track lately and is this the only bad spot?

Just interested in what its like from the river up to Lazarini.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Willem - Monday, Apr 20, 2009 at 14:29

Monday, Apr 20, 2009 at 14:29
I wondered what had happened to Mr Warfer! Yeah, toy cars in REAL=4by country won't work...hahahahahaha
AnswerID: 360532

Follow Up By: Blaze (Berri) - Monday, Apr 20, 2009 at 14:35

Monday, Apr 20, 2009 at 14:35
Now I know why you keep that Neeeesan mainly in the desert mate.. It's flat LOL
FollowupID: 628320

Reply By: Tony MD - Tuesday, Apr 21, 2009 at 18:40

Tuesday, Apr 21, 2009 at 18:40
AS there haven't been any replies to your question, I will give it a go.
The track conditions could easily have changed because we came down off Lazarini Spur onto the Black River track in 1984.
I was in a pretty much stock Suzuki LJ80 & my brother in law in a Hilux. Memory could also be a bit out too!
Black river track was reasonable up until a hard bend. A short decent into the Black River was quite steep and rutted. The track was very eroded with high walls on both sides. I remember thinking at the time that it would be extremely difficult to get back up.
I hope that this old information may be of some use.
Cheers, Tony
AnswerID: 360720

Follow Up By: Blaze (Berri) - Tuesday, Apr 21, 2009 at 23:55

Tuesday, Apr 21, 2009 at 23:55
Thanks for the reply Tony,

We were going the opposite way and the Steep Rutted climb out of the river is the bit I was asking about.
I am guessing that if way back in 1984 it was rutted etc., considering the traffic these tracks see now would explain the condition, as I said it would have needed 35" or 37" tyres to clear the hump in the tyre ruts. Just wish we had more time to fill some of it in as it sounds like once past there it would have been plane sailing.

Again thanks for the reply, and don't try the decent now in a LJ80 LOL
FollowupID: 628547

Sponsored Links