THIEVING BA@##@DS

Submitted: Monday, Aug 25, 2003 at 09:48
ThreadID: 6808 Views:2150 Replies:18 FollowUps:8
This Thread has been Archived
Arriving at work for a sunday shift is bad enough let alone finding the back door to my restaurant kitchen screwed shut so i walk in through the front entrance to gain access to find the place being finger printed by very blas'e police looking for finger prints then i discover they have stolen my briefcase of my personal knives stolen , I was furious , I have spent thousands of dollars on my tools over the years and will have a very hard time replacing them insurance or not (the finest drop forged german crafted chef's knives) and various knick knacks .
They broke through a large air vent the council said we had to have and stole that 5kg of chocolate a bin and a shirtload of grog from the bar(only crappy spirits not wine!) and a fire extinguisher and even a large washing mashine which they trashed nearby.
Having been the victim of theft many times in my life and being a very security conscious person this bleep es me off no end so god help anyone i catch in the act or suspect.
Police could be a bit more sympathetic ,i realise they see this every day but when i gave a good description of the good they couldnt care less and just wrote one set of knives in a black case WTF!
I was happy to hear of the recent theft of the 100 series LC being recovered.
Its pretty hard to have faith in the system and the fellow man when this happens.

What sort of a world are we headed too .
The perpetrators arer the vicims no doubt?
So if any one sees some F.DICK knives for sale with B .Filbey engraved on them e-mail me with details or at least stab them with my sharp knives (oops i fell-38 times) .
The replacement cost of these is in the thousands.
1999 NISSAN NAVARA DUALCAB
DIESEL 3.2 & SPRINGY CARLTON TOY
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Bob - Monday, Aug 25, 2003 at 11:03

Monday, Aug 25, 2003 at 11:03
Toonfish, sorry to hear of your misfortune. I know the feeling :-(
Is there any way of putting a bit of postive spin on this? How come you left your new GPS and laptop at work anyway? ;-)Bob
AnswerID: 29012

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Monday, Aug 25, 2003 at 12:24

Monday, Aug 25, 2003 at 12:24
I agree.. There was that New Laptop, and a box of CD's - Auslig, Discover Aus, Hema Desert maps, as well as your Aussie Post tube with 100 Aussie 1:25,000 paper maps laminated in it too..
FollowupID: 20213

Follow Up By: Member - Bonz (Vic) - Wednesday, Aug 27, 2003 at 19:50

Wednesday, Aug 27, 2003 at 19:50
yer Toonie and my series 2000 suspension upgrade for the GU that you borrowed!

Sorry to hear man....lowlife scum should be removed from the face of the earthSo many places to go!
So much work to do :0(
FollowupID: 20452

Reply By: Member - Al Symers(SA) - Monday, Aug 25, 2003 at 11:14

Monday, Aug 25, 2003 at 11:14
Toonfish, Sorry to hear of your plight. I hope you are fortunate enough to at least recover your knives.I know how frustrating it must be for you. If the scumbags even get caught, they'll get let off anyway.Al Symers
AnswerID: 29013

Follow Up By: Willie - Monday, Aug 25, 2003 at 15:48

Monday, Aug 25, 2003 at 15:48
Sorry to hear about your misfortune Toonfish.............and it is not juyst a big city thing...here in the country the same thing happens only too often.

Al Symers......must have been a BIG weekend if you have forgotton your name already? :-]

Willie
Never a dull moment
FollowupID: 20248

Reply By: bruce.h (WA) - Monday, Aug 25, 2003 at 11:37

Monday, Aug 25, 2003 at 11:37
toonfish
I can relate to how you feel in the last 15 yrs we have been broken into aruond about 6 times for a total loss of over$40 000 in lost tools & damage to workshop,total recovered equipment nil, total prosicutions nil.on top of that we have had the work vehicles stolen twice recovered both times
the wifes car stolen twice & then her next car they tried to steel but it had flat battery so they never got away with it ,left it sitting in the middle of the road.
If that isnt enough i have lost 100's of $$ worth of tools out of the work cars while out on site.it
some times makes you wonder why you bother working for your self.
at least the cops have taken prints over here they walk in give you a report number & walk out again saying send us a list of what was taken when you work it out .

best of luck, fingers crossed that they catch the buggers
Regarsd Bruce
AnswerID: 29016

Reply By: Kev - (Cairns,QLD) - Monday, Aug 25, 2003 at 13:17

Monday, Aug 25, 2003 at 13:17
Sorry to hear that,

Just wondering do you guys that have a busness that are repetably broken in too have a monerted security alarm ?

It may slow them down a bit and you will be notified imediatly.

Just a thought!
AnswerID: 29028

Follow Up By: bruce.h (WA) - Monday, Aug 25, 2003 at 13:59

Monday, Aug 25, 2003 at 13:59
yes we do, but they just cut the phone line before they breakin so unless you have a pulse alarm, monerted alarms are only so so
FollowupID: 20233

Follow Up By: Kev - (Cairns,QLD) - Monday, Aug 25, 2003 at 14:26

Monday, Aug 25, 2003 at 14:26
If they cut the phone line then they are not just a passer by/ opportunists they know exactly what they want and could even be an inside job.

You could either cover/secure the phone line so its not easly accesable or go for the mobile phone link, that may be costly.
FollowupID: 20238

Reply By: brian - Monday, Aug 25, 2003 at 15:43

Monday, Aug 25, 2003 at 15:43
Re cutting phone lines we have alarmed both elect power box and external phone box so that when they lift the cover this sets off alarm before they cut phone lines or get inside.Any other ideas???
AnswerID: 29045

Reply By: ThePublican - Monday, Aug 25, 2003 at 17:33

Monday, Aug 25, 2003 at 17:33
Sorry to read of your delima,, get the same sort of response from Qld,s finest,,have 3 relatives in the job ,, our pub is pulse monitored,still dont stop ram raids,,13yr olds rippng off spirits in full view of cameras ect,ect, best can do is offer you my 45year old F.Dick steel as a replacement if you want.
AnswerID: 29062

Reply By: jonny knowalittlebit - Monday, Aug 25, 2003 at 18:17

Monday, Aug 25, 2003 at 18:17
yeah im sure the coppers are doing the best they can and im sorry to hear of your loss of the tools of the trade are gone and the rest too.
my mate had his garage broken into a couple of months back they didnt get his gun safe but the nicked tons of reloading stuff when he was telling the coppers this they were like yep no worries and wrote down reloading gear (more offical than that but words to that effect) he had to spell it out that they theived enough stuff to make over a thousand rounds......... then they listened.

Godd luck in preventing this happening again and finding the people who done this.
AnswerID: 29075

Reply By: diamond (bendigo) - Monday, Aug 25, 2003 at 18:24

Monday, Aug 25, 2003 at 18:24
gday toonfish.
hope the cops do there jobs and find the bas...d.
maybe we could take them on a little day trip to say wombat.
hard place to find your way out lol.or be found lol—~‘¬‘¥•s’B
AnswerID: 29079

Follow Up By: Member - Toonfish - Monday, Aug 25, 2003 at 23:11

Monday, Aug 25, 2003 at 23:11
Yeah thanks Jim , i seem to remember a steep track (read vertical) that leads to no where that isnt used much (at least by decent navigators?)1999 NISSAN NAVARA DUALCAB
FollowupID: 20297

Reply By: Member - Alex B - Monday, Aug 25, 2003 at 18:39

Monday, Aug 25, 2003 at 18:39
G'day Toonfish, sorry to hear your plight.
I'm a big believer in "karma" - What goes around comes around! ...Here's hoping that the mongrel’s fall on the very knives they have stolen!
If I come across someone selling them – I’ll “talk” them for you and make it look like an accident! :-))
Cheers
Alex
AnswerID: 29082

Reply By: Member - Bernie. (Vic) - Monday, Aug 25, 2003 at 20:04

Monday, Aug 25, 2003 at 20:04
Hi Toonfish
There are some pricks around and as a tradesman I can understand how you feel
about the knives, maybe worth checking out some " ash Converters" stores.
I look at ebay so will keep an eye out in the knives area who knows they may show up . Any discription do they have wood handles ? how many?

On a happier note how is the new bub ?
Regards
BerniePrado TD Auto
AnswerID: 29090

Follow Up By: Member - Toonfish - Monday, Aug 25, 2003 at 23:19

Monday, Aug 25, 2003 at 23:19
Thanks for the input Bernie i have already done the abovementioned and saved and e-bay search and trading post , hope it helps
Thanks for reply re Bubs He is doing good putting on weight and so on But loves to play at night and spew milk up on anyone or thing in close proximity (lol) and let rip with other matter whilst changing.
Man i miss 8 hour sleeps (but its worth it)
cheers1999 NISSAN NAVARA DUALCAB
FollowupID: 20298

Reply By: Member - Alan - Monday, Aug 25, 2003 at 21:05

Monday, Aug 25, 2003 at 21:05
More on the cutting phone lines saga of monitored alarm systems , the answer to this is to have a "radio" or Digital phone backup to your existing monitored alarm system. The minute the alarm system detects a communication problem it will revert to the mobile phone or radio backup and your monitoring station will continue to receive alarm(s) & know exactly what sensors have been activated. With a "Pulse"phone line the monitoring station know the line has been breached but they don't know if it was accidently dug up just around the corner or was it cut as the B#*stards came into your premises -you cannot cut a radio signal.
Like many things these days costs are comming down, but to give you an idea a digital phone backup system would cost around $1300 - $1400 , maybe its worth considering in view of the dollar amount you are protecting.

Regards

Alan
AnswerID: 29098

Follow Up By: Member - Toonfish - Monday, Aug 25, 2003 at 23:09

Monday, Aug 25, 2003 at 23:09
Actually you can block radio and mobile signals but your average non hollywood crook would not bother.!1999 NISSAN NAVARA DUALCAB
FollowupID: 20296

Reply By: Old Jack - Monday, Aug 25, 2003 at 21:33

Monday, Aug 25, 2003 at 21:33
Toonefish,
sorry to here of your loss, I know the feeeling of loosing something that can be darn hard to replace. I had a set of special servicing tools in my work truck under lock & key that are no longer made anywhere..... It took me years to track down a retiring technician with the gear that was willing to part with them. the shame is that these tools probably ended up in the tip or lying un used as only a few people would know what they where for let alone the value of them. took me a few years to find a replacement set....

Hope you recover the Knives

jack
AnswerID: 29105

Reply By: Luke - Monday, Aug 25, 2003 at 23:08

Monday, Aug 25, 2003 at 23:08
Hey Toonfish,

Sorry to hear about the theft!

Hope you catch up with those B!@#$%^stards...

Cheers,

Luke.
AnswerID: 29132

Reply By: Member - Ray - Monday, Aug 25, 2003 at 23:16

Monday, Aug 25, 2003 at 23:16
Toonfish,
Maybe we can't help with the knives, but where is your Noshery? maybesome of us can call in for a meal and help the till keep ticking over. I'm in perth but will be East in a few weeks and I love good food.
Ray
AnswerID: 29135

Reply By: Member - Royce- Monday, Aug 25, 2003 at 23:27

Monday, Aug 25, 2003 at 23:27
It's a personal thing isn't it? You feel violated. Here's hoping the richard craniums are stupid enough to cut their fingers off. Hmm that is the penalty in some countries.

Cheers RoyceRoyce www.funshow.com.au
AnswerID: 29143

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Tuesday, Aug 26, 2003 at 00:07

Tuesday, Aug 26, 2003 at 00:07
If you want to talk to someone about security, mate of mine has been in security with Chubb and others for 20 yrs, He also owns a Patrol.

Down to earth bloke too.

Let me no
AnswerID: 29147

Reply By: Member - Geoff & Karen - Tuesday, Aug 26, 2003 at 13:46

Tuesday, Aug 26, 2003 at 13:46
Toonfish, if this is any help in lifting your spirits, we had someone clean out the back of our courier ute (with a locked canopy, I might add). Our sons swag, tollbox, chairs, tools, tow bar, heavy duty jumper leads, you name it, it was in there. The tool box was given to Geoff by my dad, who then went and died on us. It broke my heart and that was all I wanted back out of all the stuff that went. We reported it to the Wagga police, and I said to Geoff on the Saturday well we can kiss that stuff goodbye because I didnt think the police were going to do anything. When we reported it they did not even ask what had been stolen. How did we feel then? Well blow me down, on the Sunday morning at 6.30am (bit bloody early) the police rang and said can you come straight in and identify your things because we have got it all back. Then i had to swallow my words. Everything was there except for the jumper leads. That I could live with. Believe me Toonfish, I used all them words and probly worse that you used, cause it makes you so f#*king angry that someone else has taken your stuff and what right have they got. I just hope your dilemma comes out as good as ours did. And do you know when the police went round and raided them, they needed a divvy van to cart all the stuff back to the station, these wankers had had a field day all over the neibourhood. So Toonfish don't give up hope yet, but I know exactly where you are coming from.
It does make you so **************** angry.Kind Regards
Karen & Geoff
(Happy holidaying)
AnswerID: 29185

Reply By: Member - Melissa - Wednesday, Aug 27, 2003 at 17:25

Wednesday, Aug 27, 2003 at 17:25
All too common occurence these days Toonfish. My hubby goes into work early most mornings to avoid peak hour traffic so he's usually alone in the office for up to 2 hours. Not long ago a bloke knocked at the door with a "legitimate" business enquiry. Whilst my husband was talking to him, someone else slunk up the stairs to the upstair offices and went thru the place. Went thru his briefcase and took his wallet with only a few $ in it but all his c/cards, ATM cards, licence etc had to be cancelled/replaced. What a major pain!

BTW, someone stole our wheelie bin last week! The mind boggles!

:o) MelissaPetrol 4.5L GU Patrol &
Camprite TL8 offroad camper
AnswerID: 29335

Sponsored Links