Cobb Oven query

Submitted: Monday, Aug 25, 2003 at 14:06
ThreadID: 6816 Views:2419 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Have been checking out this new cobb oven contraption, my question of users is does it get hot enough to char grill chops and stuff. I now it generaly cooks well i just want to know if there is anyway you can increase the heat ie, add more beads maybe ?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - David - Monday, Aug 25, 2003 at 22:16

Monday, Aug 25, 2003 at 22:16
Paul,

A good question I have just had a look at the Cobb Site (an ExplorOz advertiser) and it looks like a great product. We have been trialing the Bar B Cube product recently and I was amazed at the heat generated by heat beads. I have no real idea on this product however I would not see a problem in cooking chops etc on the system as it is a sealed. Again I have not had any first hand experience other than testing a product that uses heat beads and being amazed at the heat generated by a small number of beads.

I hope someone out there who has used the product can provide some more feedback - I am always interested in my stomach in the bush and this does look like a well priced and good product.

P.S. I have not seen or evaluated this product - Cobb have not paid me to write this. I have just read the details on their site at www.cobbaustralia.com.au.Regards
ExplorOz Team - David
--------------------------
Always working, not enough travelling ;-)
AnswerID: 29116

Follow Up By: Member - Macca (Perth) - Tuesday, Aug 26, 2003 at 00:12

Tuesday, Aug 26, 2003 at 00:12
From the cook;
The Cobb is wonderful for camping & at home. I've cooked roast chicken, vegies, pizza, bread, garlic prawns, bacon & eggs for breaky, etc. It's a wonderfull product and can also asure you there is no room to burn your food. The Cobb is based on a upgraded Webber, which is heat proof so therefor you are able to move it when ever you want.
I found the cook book was usefull, however the cooking time is alot longer than they suggest.
Your question about char grilled chops, I personally don't believe it char grills chops, as this is really based on a oven style cooking, with room for cooking without the lid on which you can use for your prawns, bacon & eggs etc. Can't beat the old barbecue for cooking your chops on if you like them char grilled.
The only downside with the cobb, is it's very smokey when you first start it up, but after it calms down, just pick it up and bring it inside.
All the best.
FollowupID: 20304

Sponsored Links