pressurize ute back

Submitted: Tuesday, Apr 28, 2009 at 18:27
ThreadID: 68322 Views:2192 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi guys hoping for some advice on pressurizing the back of my ute, i have an alloy tray with a hard top but have canvas sides. I am about to head off around oz and i figure the dust getting sucked into the back of the ute will be a problem, is there anyone out there that has solved this dusty problem ?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Mick W - Tuesday, Apr 28, 2009 at 19:24

Tuesday, Apr 28, 2009 at 19:24
mount vents on the front of your canopy, or if possible with yours ontop. Something like the small flip open caravan vents ontop would work. Otherwise if on front, make sure they can be closed for rain etc.

When I had my canvas canopy, I had two vents in the front. Still got some minimal dust ingress, but nothing compared to that when I had them closed. Dust entering the vent was only really a problem when following others.

Good luck
AnswerID: 362099

Reply By: Member - bungarra (WA) - Tuesday, Apr 28, 2009 at 20:58

Tuesday, Apr 28, 2009 at 20:58
we travelled like that for years..canvass back on a tray top

two inlets in the front (one either side) roughly 150mm square. sown in mesh guard and a flap that secures firmly (clip not velcro) down from the top for wet weather

works a treat..you will get a very mild dust ingression around the tail gate area..that will settle around inside...but very very little..nothing you cant live with..really it has never been an issue with us in many thousands km's of dusty travel over many years
Life is a journey, it is not how we fall down, it is how we get up.
VKS 1341

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 362121

Reply By: Member - Royce- Tuesday, Apr 28, 2009 at 22:32

Tuesday, Apr 28, 2009 at 22:32
Drive down a few dusty roads and find out.
You may not have a problem.
I was surprised with my canvas sided camp trailer when I first got it... barely any dust, but not sealed all that well.

Anyway... the dust is all part of the fun!
AnswerID: 362159

Reply By: trainslux - Wednesday, Apr 29, 2009 at 10:44

Wednesday, Apr 29, 2009 at 10:44
Go down to your local boat store, and get some of those deck vents.
They allow air to come in, but have a water seperator as part of their design, so you can use them in the rain, and no water gets into the canopy, only down side is that there a bit taller than the smaller pop up vents.

Still great idea tho.

Trains
AnswerID: 362216

Sponsored Links