How to fix a Waceo cf50, faulty Thermo sensor.

Submitted: Wednesday, May 13, 2009 at 20:28
ThreadID: 68795 Views:2301 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I first had a fault with my Waceo freezing, the compressor was running flat out, this was due to the sensor either seperating from the plate or moisture damaging the sensor, I fixed this by buying a cheap digital themro sensor and cutting off the sensor and soldering it to the controller board and placing the sensor in the fridge (also sealed the sensor with silicon to stop moisture entering it), The sensor works on resistants so any moisture that gets in to it changes the ohms and the fridge gets a false reading. The waceo is encased in solid foam so you cannot access the existing sensor and the way to correctly fix this is by drilling the outer case plastic then carefully make a hole in the foam with a screwdriver and place a new sensor probe on the outside of the inner fridge plate.

My question is has anybody done this or had there fridge fix and can tell me where the hole was drilled?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Redbakk (WA) - Wednesday, May 13, 2009 at 22:10

Wednesday, May 13, 2009 at 22:10
Haza...I take it that your repair was successfull ?....where did you get your new sensor from, what brand or make and are you happy with the result ?
Is the fridge working properly as before?
AnswerID: 364742

Follow Up By: Haza - Thursday, May 14, 2009 at 20:57

Thursday, May 14, 2009 at 20:57
The fix I applied has worked till this day, though I am on my third sensor due to moisture making its way inside the sensor, I now use silicon to make sure no moisture can enter. This has worked fine for 2 years now. I bought one of the electronic temperture meters from Jaycar and the others from camping store eg Anaconda, BCF,
I did have one sensor that used a different ohm reading that didn't work.
The fridge works justs the same as before but have to be careful with the wiring, thats the reason I want to drill the hole and place it in the case.
FollowupID: 632557

Reply By: Graham & Lynne - Thursday, May 14, 2009 at 22:16

Thursday, May 14, 2009 at 22:16
Haza
Buy a manual Danfoss thermostate & fit it the same way, as Trailblaza fridges do.Inside the cabinetnorcoast refrigeration
from Graham
AnswerID: 364938

Reply By: ozwasp - Thursday, May 14, 2009 at 23:17

Thursday, May 14, 2009 at 23:17
Step 1: Take Waeco to tip

Step 2: Don't be a tight arse and buy an Engel

Step 3: Never worry about fridge problems again
AnswerID: 364954

Sponsored Links