Moreton Island Feedback

from www.tangaloomabeachhouse.com.au

There is no longer any fuel available on Moreton Island. If you are bringing your 4WD over you will need to bring some fuel with you. You can also buy limited amounts from the MiCat barge, at great cost!, but this is not encouraged.

As of last Monday, 11 May 09, the tracks to the eastern side of the island have opened again. This is the first time that the whole island has been accessible since the oil spill, so it will be good to have the island back again!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: stevesub - Monday, May 18, 2009 at 07:12

Monday, May 18, 2009 at 07:12
Slightly OT but we caught a heap of good size Snapper and Trevelly about 1/2 km off the lighthouse on Saturday - yum. Maybe the new yellow Zone for fishing is working already by keeping the trawlers out.

So take your tinnie to the island and go fishing.

Stevesub
AnswerID: 365461

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Monday, May 18, 2009 at 11:31

Monday, May 18, 2009 at 11:31
Hi Tangalooma Beach House - thanks for sending the feedback to the Trek Note - by default our article/trek feedback is set to put a copy to the Forum (optional) so this is why you may get a few replies.

I'll also send you some info regarding Business Membership and Page Sponsoring via email as you can link ads from the Trek Note to your website etc.

Great news about the tracks!

Regards,
Michellle
ExplorOz Advertising Director
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 365484

Sponsored Links