Submitted: Monday, May 18, 2009 at 22:24
ThreadID: 68964 Views:3212 Replies:3 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
Will it ever end. Pulled up 20kms out of Sarina for a stretch. Got out of the car and there was oil all over the under side of the car. You can imagine my reaction, think the guy inside started calling the cops cause of some raving lunatic in his driveway lol.
On inspection noticed there was coolant in with the oil. Oh no!! I looked at the girls who responded with, "We know what this means dad, an hour waiting for the truck and then back to the mechanics. Julia aged 7 says 'oh well that's life". I ring the mechanic who explains it is a seal in the oil cooler leaking, not that major. So we drove to Sarina and tomorrow morning the car goes back to the mechanics AGAIN.
I am starting to get very nervous as it is only 3 weeks till we leave cairns for the tip and am not feeling all that confident about the motor at the moment.
Racq will provide another rental car while it is fixed, so glad we got total cover.
We are getting closer the cape york but at the moment it seems a long way away.
Anyway we are still getting further north and one day I am sure we will laugh about how many repco repairers we visited on our way up to the tip. Can I say these guys have been really helpful in getting it sorted and bent over backwards to help. I have always said "everyone makes mistakes, what you do after the mistake is made is what counts".

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Old/new Girl (QLD) - Monday, May 18, 2009 at 22:58

Monday, May 18, 2009 at 22:58
Josh I just wrote a huge message and deleted it.
Been having minor problems since the rebuilt too. Ill keep an eye out for you IF we get up there.
I'm no where near a mechanic except what ive learnt on our car but water and coolant shouldn't be in the same pile. Sure hope your plans ain't stuffed up again.
Best of luck
AnswerID: 365596

Follow Up By: Member - Josh (VIC) - Monday, May 18, 2009 at 23:08

Monday, May 18, 2009 at 23:08
Our biggest problem is time. Don't really want to do the cape if it's not 100%, but don't want to waste all this money getting to cairns and turn around either. It is frustrating but it is a part of life that no matter how well you plan it doesn't all ways work out. We will wait and see but at this stage I think we are still going to the top, will see what the mechanic says tomorrow.

FollowupID: 633302

Follow Up By: Member - Josh (VIC) - Monday, May 18, 2009 at 23:16

Monday, May 18, 2009 at 23:16
What are your plans for the cape. When do you head up. Will keep an eye out for you guys.

FollowupID: 633304

Follow Up By: Member - Old/new Girl (QLD) - Tuesday, May 19, 2009 at 08:45

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 at 08:45
There will be about 300 of us rallying. Last year I was up front but the immense stress is too much ive opted to be amongst the pack of officials. In my pics I'm looking for a goat track and the one with the back of the vehicle looking at the view we were looking for a track going down the gorge with rally vehicles waiting at the start for us to give the word we got through couple hours out of White Cliffs. If you see the car with one fella on a fold up chair on the roof that's us waiting for the rally to come past. We either are at tow points or timing points. Or around day light were looking for tracks that use to be. Its a real adventure sometimes. Got two flat tyres once with the entrants in radio distance god I can tell you it was the quickest 4x4 tyre change on the side of a road ever.
FollowupID: 633325

Reply By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Tuesday, May 19, 2009 at 06:55

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 at 06:55

That's not good.

I hope it all gets sorted out for you and is the last thing to happen with the motor.

I am sure the Cape will be done and you can get back to Tassy for a short break from travelling LOL

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 365605

Follow Up By: Member - Josh (VIC) - Tuesday, May 19, 2009 at 18:22

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 at 18:22
We are looking at options now. Maybe leave the trailer in Cairns and just take the car to put less stress on it all. Don'y really want to as that creates other issues but if it means getting there may be an option. Will wait and see the diagnosis. Did you get the email I sent you????

FollowupID: 633414

Reply By: Shaker - Tuesday, May 19, 2009 at 10:54

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 at 10:54
What vehicle is it?
AnswerID: 365642

Follow Up By: Member - Josh (VIC) - Tuesday, May 19, 2009 at 18:18

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 at 18:18
1994 80 series landcruiser. Turbo Deisel. They say now not sure what the problem is but may take the week to get fixed.
FollowupID: 633412

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (13)