Tibooburra to innaminca area late May 09. Anything I should know first?

Submitted: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 at 15:36
ThreadID: 69008 Views:2602 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi everyone,
I'm heading back out bush for a bit of a wander around the Cooper Creek area in late May 09.
I tried to get to innaminca from Birdsville last winter after a Simpson crossing, but ended up heading east to Windorah to avoid flooding. This time I'm coming up from Victoria, and hope to go via Tibooburra and the top of the Strezleki track.
Anyone able to offer some current advise on the route ect.??
Much appreciate any input.
Cheers,
Ozzie
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: rescue134 - Wednesday, May 20, 2009 at 19:22

Wednesday, May 20, 2009 at 19:22
a good round trip head north from tibooburra via warri gate to the dig tree and back to innaminca, use the camps on the cooper creek as a base camp and look around. heading back down the strezleki track then pick up old track, turn left pass the yellow bus and into camerons corner then back into tibooburra and home, the weather and tracks are opening up and should not have a prob.
kevin
AnswerID: 365875

Follow Up By: Ozzie Nomad - Wednesday, May 20, 2009 at 19:37

Wednesday, May 20, 2009 at 19:37
Thanks Rescue,
I know it can get really boggy in the swales around the dune country this time of year. But they recon you need a day for every inch of rainfall to dry out the tracks.
Got marooned at the Birdsville Pub last winter after almost not getting out of the Simpson. They had 3 inches the day before we got there, and nobody was allowed on the roads for three days.
There's worse places to be flooded in though.
The crew at the Birdsville were fantastic, and the food Fabulous.
FollowupID: 633596

Sponsored Links