Grampians Feedback

This trek is in need of updating. Some recent changes have part of it closed and some one way - the other way.
More importantly parts of this trek are high clearance, low range 4wd, others range from AWD to unsuitable for caravans.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bonz (Vic) - Thoughtfully- Sunday, May 24, 2009 at 13:07

Sunday, May 24, 2009 at 13:07
High Clearance low range in the Grampians? Which track are you referring to here bleep o? I wouldn't mind running the track and re-doing the track notes.

Bonz
Time is an illusion produced by the passage of history

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 366466

Follow Up By: Farko - Sunday, May 24, 2009 at 14:09

Sunday, May 24, 2009 at 14:09
Launder track is the high clearance low range part. Silverband Rd south of Rosea car park to Silverband falls is now one way south bound. A chunk of Rosea Rd south and west of Tower Hill is closed at the moment. More than just seasonal. Victoria Range Rd (past Mt Thackeray) and the Goat Track are listed as 4wd but from memory really only need some clearance with drainage lines across the tracks. The bitumen from Zumsteins to Halls Gap is appropriately signposted as not suitable for caravans.

If you were re-doing the track, might have to go south of Halls Gap to Serra Rd through Teddybear Gap to get into the Moora area. Alternatively come in from the north on Glenelg River Rd. Not as spectacular as Rosea Track but a matter of necessity. A number of the tracks are subject to seasonal closure - don't think that they are closed yet.
cheers
FollowupID: 634189

Sponsored Links