4wd tracks in the grampians

Hi all myself and the missus are planing a trip to the grampians at the beginning of july. and i was just wondering if anyone knows of any good 4wd tracks around the area. will prob be spending about 2 weeks or mabe more so would like to adventure out as much as possible. so if anyone knows of some good tracks and would like to share them with us it would be much appreciated.

cheers shane
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: get outmore - Sunday, May 24, 2009 at 23:50

Sunday, May 24, 2009 at 23:50
Vic people will know alot more but im fairly sure it is all 2wd access and walk trails
AnswerID: 366561

Reply By: outback epicurean - Monday, May 25, 2009 at 10:51

Monday, May 25, 2009 at 10:51
Hi

All 4WD track in the Grampians are closed after the June long weekend so in July there is very little choice to go on any of the mountain tracks. Alos, since the fires several years ago, many have not reopened. Its still a lovely place to visit and camp in and there are excellent walking tracks and good bush drives but not like in the Flinders ranges. If you are interested I can give some ideas on camping spots etc. Note it will be cold and wet (hopefully) in July.

cheers
AnswerID: 366589

Reply By: Member - Paul Mac (VIC) - Monday, May 25, 2009 at 22:34

Monday, May 25, 2009 at 22:34
G'day Shane,

Hahaha, I suppose I had better try and help you out seeing as I'm a Victorian.

As previously mentioned most of the tracks through the Grampians are easily accessable by 2 w/d also and also mentioned a number of tracks haven't reopened following the fires a couple of years back because of regeneration.

There are still some great areas to explore in the Grampians.
A visit to the cultural centre in Hall's Gap is also a must see.

Something you may like to consider is heading up to the Pyranees which isn't all that far away from the Grampians.

Are you towing a camper with you ?

You may also look at Mt Buangor near Ararat on the Western Hwy which is also a great spot to camp and has tracks in the area.

Good luck with the trip I'm sure you will find some great spots.

Cheers.

Paul
AnswerID: 366732

Sponsored Links