Exploroz Website

Submitted: Saturday, May 30, 2009 at 09:40
ThreadID: 69319 Views:2091 Replies:3 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
I am currently downloading the Exploroz website in it's entirety for offline viewing when I am traveling to remote areas. I assume if this breaches any policy or protocol the mods will let me know.

Interested in knowing what size the file will be when I finish downloading (I expect it to be large) so that I have some idea when it might finish the download.

Cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Saturday, May 30, 2009 at 09:49

Saturday, May 30, 2009 at 09:49
Ah this is not really something that is approved however for personal use there should be no issue - Hope you have a lot of disk space - A full download will be in the region of 15-30GB of content.

Of course a great number of components will not work offline due to some of the system securitiy features but you should be able to view static content.

Also just so that you ensure you do not breach our copyright here is an extract from the relevant bit of the Terms Of Use:
Intellectual property and restrictions on use of Content on the Site
All information, text, material, graphics, software and advertisements on the Site ("Content") are Copyright ©1999-2008 I.T Beyond Pty Ltd, its suppliers and/or licensors unless expressly indicated otherwise on the Site. The Content is protected by Australian and international copyright and trademark laws. Content on the Site is published in real-time, and you must not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, frame, upload to a third party, post, transmit or distribute this Content in any way except as expressly provided for on the Site or expressly authorised in writing by I.T. Beyond or its Affiliates. Strictly on the condition that you keep all Content intact and in the same form as presented on the Site (including without limitation all copyright, trademark and other proprietary notices and all advertisements), you may: a) using an industry-standard Web browser, download and view the Content for your personal, non-commercial use, or b) if you are an Internet service and/or access provider, supply the Content to your subscriber. You must not use the Site in any manner or for any purpose which is unlawful or in any manner which violates any right of I.T. Beyond or an Affiliate or which is prohibited by the Terms of Use.

Regards
David
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 367553

Reply By: Member - Jeff M (WA) - Saturday, May 30, 2009 at 10:06

Saturday, May 30, 2009 at 10:06
Thanks D & M and yes it is strictly for personal use only. I respect the copyright issues implicitly. I have plenty of HD space so will see how it goes.

Cheers

Jeff
AnswerID: 367554

Reply By: DIO - Saturday, May 30, 2009 at 21:19

Saturday, May 30, 2009 at 21:19
I would have thought it polite and appropriate to have contacted the owners of the web site before even considering downloading it to seek their approval NOT announce to one and all that you are in the process of doing so and the owners just happen to pick up on it and give the consent.Whatever happened to basic manners ?
AnswerID: 367679

Follow Up By: Member - Andrew (QLD) - Saturday, May 30, 2009 at 21:43

Saturday, May 30, 2009 at 21:43
speaking of basic manners.............

Andrew
FollowupID: 635306

Follow Up By: Member - JohnR (Vic) - Saturday, May 30, 2009 at 22:11

Saturday, May 30, 2009 at 22:11
Irony eh, Andrew?
FollowupID: 635309

Follow Up By: Member - Andrew (QLD) - Saturday, May 30, 2009 at 22:16

Saturday, May 30, 2009 at 22:16
Could be John ;-)

I appreciate the question and the honesty in someone who is asking publically....and an honest answer to followup by David.

Andrew
FollowupID: 635310

Follow Up By: Member - Jeff M (WA) - Sunday, May 31, 2009 at 00:24

Sunday, May 31, 2009 at 00:24
Not that it's any of "your" business DIO but yes I did ask and if it hadn't been approved I would have stopped immediately and deleted anything I had downloaded. Had a bad day have we?
FollowupID: 635322

Follow Up By: Member - Mark G Gulmarrad - Sunday, May 31, 2009 at 10:05

Sunday, May 31, 2009 at 10:05
Jeff M

no mate , not just today.
seems most days he/she has is like that,cheers.
FollowupID: 635344

Sponsored Links