Calling All Pioneer Camper Trailer Owners....

Submitted: Friday, Jun 05, 2009 at 20:09
ThreadID: 69544 Views:16243 Replies:13 FollowUps:43
This Thread has been Archived
Just a question as to whether Pioneer camper-trailer are aware that 25% of there water storage is unusable due to the position of the water outlets? Robin of Pioneer campers told that this was trhe case, and was just wondering if this was true?

For what its worth, we have just bought an Argyle SE 4x4 with twin water tanks, and out of 120 litres storage, Pioneer say they can get 90 litres out (and this is acceptable....).

Cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Leevon - Friday, Jun 05, 2009 at 20:32

Friday, Jun 05, 2009 at 20:32
Maybe I should have previewed the post before submitting!!!

What I should have said was:

Just a question as to whether Pioneer camper-trailer OWNERS are aware that 25% of there water storage is unusable due to the position of the water outlets? Robin of Pioneer campers told me that this was COMMON KNOWLEDGE, and was just wondering if this was true?

For what its worth, we have just bought an Argyle SE 4x4 with twin water tanks, and out of 120 litres storage, Pioneer say they can get 90 litres out (and this is acceptable TO PIONEER....).

Cheers
AnswerID: 368615

Follow Up By: reb1390 - Friday, Jun 05, 2009 at 22:24

Friday, Jun 05, 2009 at 22:24
I have a pioneer Argyle SE 4X4 on order and was not made aware of this when we placed the order. I will give them a call and check this out .

Thanks
FollowupID: 636178

Follow Up By: Gronk - Friday, Jun 05, 2009 at 22:40

Friday, Jun 05, 2009 at 22:40
I think you may also find that if you fill it up fully, it will let some escape as you are driving , thru the vent system at the top of the tank ( a bit of sponge )
FollowupID: 636180

Follow Up By: Leevon - Saturday, Jun 06, 2009 at 07:06

Saturday, Jun 06, 2009 at 07:06
Yes, we are aware that the tanks leak as well - Robins response to that little gem was that it only happens when the trailer isn't level and after all it isn'nt much loss.

My thoughts are the water will continue to leak as long as the trailer isn'nt perfectly level at all times until the water level goes below the breather holes. Also, if water can escape, foreign material can get in (be it dust, microbes, whatever), so again I am left wondering why we spent the money on the trailer.

Cheers
FollowupID: 636199

Follow Up By: Leevon - Saturday, Jun 06, 2009 at 07:38

Saturday, Jun 06, 2009 at 07:38
I might add that Robin was very quick to point out that the specs state '120 litre water tanks' and not actual usable water storage.....bloody semantics if you ask me!

Cheers
FollowupID: 636201

Follow Up By: Leevon - Sunday, Jun 07, 2009 at 16:52

Sunday, Jun 07, 2009 at 16:52
to Gronk,

Have just seen the piece of sponge you referred to! It looks like a piece of sponge that has been cut off an eggshell mattress. Not held i place by anything and a definate health hazard. A disaster waiting to happen!

Cheers for that
FollowupID: 636340

Reply By: Member No 1- Saturday, Jun 06, 2009 at 10:54

Saturday, Jun 06, 2009 at 10:54
if it is not disclosed to the consumer could it be classified as False Advertising or Bait Advertising...
AnswerID: 368685

Follow Up By: Leevon - Saturday, Jun 06, 2009 at 11:17

Saturday, Jun 06, 2009 at 11:17
Yes it is classified as false advertising. stay tuned! Robin of Pioneer Campers has an answer for everything, however, at the end of the day we purchased a pioneer 4x4 camper trailer, brand new, not even used yet, because it had 120 litres of water on board. You can imagine our dismay to be told we can only use 90 litres of this and this is normal ok and acceptable, WRONG ANSWER!
FollowupID: 636208

Reply By: Member - Leanne W (NSW) - Saturday, Jun 06, 2009 at 11:30

Saturday, Jun 06, 2009 at 11:30
I was looking at buying a hard floor camper trailer earlier this year, and Pioneer was on my list. I was not aware of the water storage issue, so as far as I'm concerned it is not "common knowledge".
I hope you get a satisfactory outcome in the end.
Leanne
AnswerID: 368688

Follow Up By: Leevon - Saturday, Jun 06, 2009 at 13:42

Saturday, Jun 06, 2009 at 13:42
Thanks Leanne, we are not walking away from this one. Thank your lucky stars you didn't purchase a Pioneer Camper! We have been advised today that Robin of Pioneer Campers has always been aware of this prolem with the water tanks so he is therefore knowingly manufacturing and selling his campers with this knowledge. We all must be aware of resellers/dealers of these Pioneer Campers because they too are well aware of this problem. Camper Trailers WA is the reseller in Perth and they too have confirmed they are aware of this problem. David of Camper Trailers WA also thinks it is acceptable that you can only get access to 90 litres of a 120 litre tank or tanks and agrees with the manufacturer that this is acceptable. But then he would wouldn't he. It is unacceptable to us, along with the water leakage mentioned previous posts, this is a serious problem.

cheers
FollowupID: 636214

Follow Up By: wozzie (WA) - Saturday, Jun 06, 2009 at 13:48

Saturday, Jun 06, 2009 at 13:48
Especially if you're somewhere where you are RELYING on that water....
Dreamin' agin

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 636216

Follow Up By: Leevon - Sunday, Jun 07, 2009 at 17:50

Sunday, Jun 07, 2009 at 17:50
speaking from experience wozzie?? Care to share experience with us? Do you have a Pioneer?

Cheers
FollowupID: 636348

Follow Up By: wozzie (WA) - Sunday, Jun 07, 2009 at 18:37

Sunday, Jun 07, 2009 at 18:37
No, Thankfully have never run out of water as I always end up taking more "just in case", usually to just use it up in the last days before heading, or on the way home.

I was just stating the obvious about relying on your water, which can be essential, to your journey/trip.

Heavens knows, there have been people lost due to lack of the precious stuff they were relying on in the past

No, do'nt have a pioneer, but perhaps there may be one going cheaper than new soon.... <(:-))

Have had another camper for many years, which I can't actually say that I've measured the amount coming out of the tank, but as I say above, I usually end up taking more in Jerries.

I agree with you though, if you're paying for the capacity, you should be able to use it.
Dreamin' agin

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 636351

Follow Up By: Leevon - Sunday, Jun 07, 2009 at 23:13

Sunday, Jun 07, 2009 at 23:13
Thanks for your reply and input. We really feel "It's not rocket science!" :-)

Cheers
FollowupID: 636385

Follow Up By: Midge - Sunday, Jun 07, 2009 at 23:26

Sunday, Jun 07, 2009 at 23:26
This post has been read by the moderation team and has been moderated due to a breach of The For Sale/Wanted to Buy Rule .

Forum Moderation Team
FollowupID: 636386

Reply By: Leevon - Saturday, Jun 06, 2009 at 22:25

Saturday, Jun 06, 2009 at 22:25
To all Pioneer Camper owners we challenge you to go out, fill your water tank/tanks and then empty and measure the water out verses the capacity of water stated. It would be interesting to see how many there are of you out there whom are relying on specifications supplied by Pioneer Campers which is wrong.

Cheers
AnswerID: 368754

Reply By: Shaker - Saturday, Jun 06, 2009 at 23:03

Saturday, Jun 06, 2009 at 23:03
I have a Pioneer Argyle, all I can say is get over it!

Pioneer only install OEM tanks, I have just looked at the Camec catelogue online & it shows the tank as fitted by Pioneer as a 63 litre tank, there is NO mention of how much is usable.
At the end of the day Pioneer only install the hose barbs to the available threaded outlets.
So maybe your complaint should be with the tank manufacturer and/or the suppliers.
Vehicle manufacturers also only give the tank size, not the usable amount.
AnswerID: 368762

Follow Up By: Leevon - Sunday, Jun 07, 2009 at 09:21

Sunday, Jun 07, 2009 at 09:21
So, going back to my initial query, you agree that it is common knowledge that 25% of the available water storage is unusable? And not disclosing this is fine?

Cheers
FollowupID: 636295

Follow Up By: Shaker - Sunday, Jun 07, 2009 at 11:58

Sunday, Jun 07, 2009 at 11:58
The disclosure should come from the tank manufacturer.

And no, I am not overly happy about it either.
FollowupID: 636313

Follow Up By: Leevon - Sunday, Jun 07, 2009 at 12:58

Sunday, Jun 07, 2009 at 12:58
The tank manufacturer has disclosed information to the manufacturer of Pioneer Campers and the manufacturer has disclosed this infoormation to the dealer. We have been forced to do our homework, however, this information was not passed onto us. So again misrepresentation! This could go around in circles on your theory. If you purchased a brand new motor vehicle lets say and the engine fails, do you take it back to the dealer or do you try and chase down the manufacturer of that engine??

It's easy to say get over it. We have just shelled out in excess of 30K plan to be in the great aussie bush for some time and water is paramount.

Cheers
FollowupID: 636318

Follow Up By: Shaker - Sunday, Jun 07, 2009 at 14:10

Sunday, Jun 07, 2009 at 14:10
In that case your complaint is with the dealer & not the manufacturer.
FollowupID: 636327

Follow Up By: Leevon - Sunday, Jun 07, 2009 at 16:47

Sunday, Jun 07, 2009 at 16:47
In our case Camper Trailers WA (Dealer) pass the buck onto the manufacturer Pioneer Trailers and visa versa. We will get over it when either or fix the problem and we can safely go away knowing we can use the 120litres stated and not be carrying around 30litres unusable and dead weight.

Cheers
FollowupID: 636339

Follow Up By: Shaker - Sunday, Jun 07, 2009 at 17:14

Sunday, Jun 07, 2009 at 17:14
Don't get me wrong, I am as concerned as you are, we are preparing to do the CSR in July/August.

I have a contact at Camec, I will find out if it definitely does only decant 75%.

I am not sure what the fix will be, other than fitting different tanks.
FollowupID: 636343

Follow Up By: Leevon - Sunday, Jun 07, 2009 at 17:38

Sunday, Jun 07, 2009 at 17:38
Our homework done. Goodluck.

Cheers
FollowupID: 636347

Reply By: Mogul - Sunday, Jun 07, 2009 at 23:21

Sunday, Jun 07, 2009 at 23:21
It's the same with any tank. If your car's fuel tank is 80L's I will guarentee you will NOT get 80L's usuable out of it.

I hope you have also rung consumer affairs to dob in the car manufacturer's as well for advertising false capacities.
AnswerID: 368883

Follow Up By: Leevon - Monday, Jun 08, 2009 at 09:31

Monday, Jun 08, 2009 at 09:31
Me thinks that if you could only get 75% of fuel out that you put into a car, the car manufacturer would quickly go out of business.....in your analogy of 80 litres, you would only have 60 litres usable - would you be happy with that? I am not saying that I expect 100% of the water to be available, just that 75%, to my mind, is unacceptable. Of course there will always be water left in the tank, depending on a number of factors, but I would have thought that 90% usable would have been more the mark.

Cheers
FollowupID: 636401

Reply By: AlanTH - Monday, Jun 08, 2009 at 13:21

Monday, Jun 08, 2009 at 13:21
Thanks for the post Leevon, I'm a bit late chipping in but only just found it! We've an Argyle with 120ltr tanks and it had me wondering when we did run out of water on a trip but was able to fill up with no problems.
No way could I come up with how we'd used that much and put it down to possibly not filling up properly in the first place.
I'll carry an extra jerry now on long trips and have to wear the extra weight.
Basically it's a good camper, we've had issues but they've all been fixed and whoever said Robin had all the answers is right on the money there!
Possibly being a car salesman has something to do with that.
Cheers.
Alan.
AnswerID: 368930

Follow Up By: Leevon - Monday, Jun 08, 2009 at 18:48

Monday, Jun 08, 2009 at 18:48
Glad you found the info helpful!

The sad thing is, after repeated requests Pioneer and Camper Trailers WA still maintain that there is no problem. Haven't given up though!

I have managed to fix the problems, something that the manufacturer was unable to do. For the sake of the $20 that it cost me (and the three days of swearing and cursing!) you think that Pioneer would have come to the party. Basically I removed both tanks (the one of the suspension is a bit of a bugger), and took out there "high density foam" (well, at least that is what we were told it was) over the breather holes. I cut down a brass 3/4" - to - 1/2" bush and threaded this into the breather hole, then ran a 10mm tube through the bush. The tube ends up with a bit of a kink in at when it comes out of the bush, but allows more breathing air than the foam did anyways. Placed the rubber strips that Pioneer have next to the breather hole back so it gives the tube enough clearance. Then ran both tanks to the breather hole on the filler (where Pioneer have blocked it up). Siliconed around the breather hole with potable-rated silicon (as opposed to the Soudal (read taints the water) that Pioneer use).

To get the 30 litres of water that remains unusable I added short (12.5mm clear tube) pigtails on the inside of the water outlets in the tanks, and siliconed these. Hopefully this will work, and will test tomorrow.

In the meantime, I hope that no-one has to go through the drama we have had to get what is something so basic sorted out. Would never recommend Pioneer or Camper Trailers WA to anyone.....

Cheers
FollowupID: 636472

Follow Up By: AlanTH - Monday, Jun 08, 2009 at 19:16

Monday, Jun 08, 2009 at 19:16
Thanks again Leevon.
The hose you've siliconed onto the outlets I presume they go down into the bottom of the tank thereby using all the water that's in there.

Our worst problem was when we had the extra shade put on and the workshop foreman said they'd give it a "complimentary" brake check and wheel bearing grease which I appreciated as I had been going to do it myself.
Anyway after picking the camper up we were on our way to Jurien and pulled into Regans Ford for a cuppa and I walked around as I normally do to check things are OK and the nearside wheel was stinking hot.... you could have fried eggs on it!
I jacked it up and the wheel had at least 2" of play where some idiot hadn't bothered to tighten the bearing back up and the wheel leaned over and (I presume) the brake pad rubbed on the drum creating all the heat.
Much complaining at Pioneer with all the "workers" standing around shaking there heads in disbelief. no admissions from that lot. and Robin said it was because they had to take on just anybody as they were so hard up for workers.
Maybe they should pay better wages then, but I suppose that's on the cards as it's easier to just let the customer sort things out!
Quality control certainly isn't high on the agenda at Pioneer although most of the probs. have been sorted as I said.
Maybe now I'll have to sort out the water situation before we are somewhere we really need it.
Thanks for your info. here, it really shows the value of these type of forums.
Cheers.
Alan.
FollowupID: 636478

Follow Up By: Leevon - Tuesday, Jun 09, 2009 at 10:08

Tuesday, Jun 09, 2009 at 10:08
Yes, the tube fits snugly on the inside of the threaded part of the elbow, and extends about 15 cm into the tank, at the appropriate angle, with the end cut at an angle. I am hoping that it won't fall out, and I don't think it should with the silicon on there as an extra precaution. I added these tubes to all three elbows (as we have the dual tank setup).

Cheers
FollowupID: 636550

Follow Up By: AlanTH - Tuesday, Jun 09, 2009 at 12:12

Tuesday, Jun 09, 2009 at 12:12
Thanks Leevon. Good luck with getting it ifxed up and ready for some great trips.
Alan.
FollowupID: 636561

Follow Up By: Leevon - Tuesday, Jun 09, 2009 at 12:51

Tuesday, Jun 09, 2009 at 12:51
Thanks Alan, will let you know outcome soon.
FollowupID: 636569

Follow Up By: Leevon - Tuesday, Jun 09, 2009 at 18:19

Tuesday, Jun 09, 2009 at 18:19
Well, filled the tanks up, and no leaks out of the breather holes, so that is already an improvement. Then drained the tanks and put in a measured ten litres. Measured the water we got out of the kitchen tap, and managed to recover 6 of the 10 litres, so now have 114 litres usable - a great improvement. The trailer has about a 10 degree list to port, so I suspect that if level we would be able to recover all but about 1 litre. Feeling much happier now, but still left wondering why Pioneer don't modify there tanks in the first place! Have complained to the Dept. of Commerce (on their advice), and have sent emails to both Pioneer and Camper Trailers WA inviting them to view/comment on this forum. Will wait and see if anything comes out of this......

Cheers
FollowupID: 636630

Reply By: Austravel - Monday, Jun 08, 2009 at 14:39

Monday, Jun 08, 2009 at 14:39
I've had a pioneer for a few years now and had a list of issues as long as your arm. Initially even under warranty getting things fixed was a real problem, lucky that guy has now left. I found they would try to fix the problems but if it took more than a couple of calls then they lost interest.

They are a light camper and cheaper than the brand names. But no where near as good, you get what you pay for and I'm very sorry I brought one. Make sure you have a really good look over it for water leaks. They leak around the brackets off the rear bar ie the plates that bolt/rivet to the side of the camper. Have also found the inner wheel guard sealant gets fine cracks and allows water to run under the carpet from front to back. Also found when washing underneath that water can get in by running along the rear bar and weeps up the rhs brackets that run up into the camper for the canvas poles. If in doubt peel up the carpet and check it out.

If they still have the plastic kitchen taps they are damn useless and will break very quickly. I've fitted a good brass low profile tap, cheapest I found was from ozvan, very helpful guy. If you want a picture let me know. Might have only been ours but go over the whole camper and check nuts are tight and they have used washer, not one washer on ours. Had brake bleeder nut fall out, rear stabiliser legs fall off, etc, etc. Stacks of other dramas but the above were the worst.

I hope they've got better quality control now or in the end they will go out of business. Like I said I found Robin ok to deal with but needed repeat calls. The workshop foreman was the same you need to ring a number of times but he did honestly try and help me. Again just hope they did get the quality up.
AnswerID: 368939

Follow Up By: Leevon - Monday, Jun 08, 2009 at 18:49

Monday, Jun 08, 2009 at 18:49
Thanks for the info Austravel....will add this onto the To Do list!

Cheers
FollowupID: 636473

Follow Up By: Leevon - Tuesday, Jun 09, 2009 at 16:27

Tuesday, Jun 09, 2009 at 16:27
Also on the to do list is all zips attached to flyscreens require attention the second row of stitching has missed! This will definately give way in no time.

Cheers
FollowupID: 636595

Follow Up By: Shaker - Tuesday, Jun 09, 2009 at 23:50

Tuesday, Jun 09, 2009 at 23:50
You could always have spent an extra $10,000 & got a better tap!

I also replaced mine, cost $35.00, but the old one was still OK, I just didn't like the look of it.
FollowupID: 636694

Follow Up By: Leevon - Wednesday, Jun 10, 2009 at 00:06

Wednesday, Jun 10, 2009 at 00:06
...and better quality
FollowupID: 636697

Follow Up By: Austravel - Wednesday, Jun 10, 2009 at 21:30

Wednesday, Jun 10, 2009 at 21:30
Hi Shaker,

What did you replace it with for $35? Cheapest unit not in plastic I could find was over $100 with postage. If you simply replaced it with the same unit you'll find it won't last long. If you take off the tap handle on the old one you'll see what I mean. I guess it's ok for the price just can't handle the rigours of many or heavy hands.

If something different any chance of a web site showing the unit.
FollowupID: 636830

Follow Up By: Shaker - Wednesday, Jun 10, 2009 at 22:50

Wednesday, Jun 10, 2009 at 22:50
It was metal one, it has to very low profile, I may still have the box in the shed, I will try to remember to have a look to morrow.
FollowupID: 636849

Follow Up By: Shaker - Wednesday, Jun 10, 2009 at 23:33

Wednesday, Jun 10, 2009 at 23:33
This is THE TAP I used, I must have been lucky to get it for $35.00
FollowupID: 636857

Follow Up By: Austravel - Thursday, Jun 11, 2009 at 09:49

Thursday, Jun 11, 2009 at 09:49
Shaker,

Very lucky, the cheapest I could find was via that same group and it was $104 with postage.
FollowupID: 636888

Follow Up By: Leevon - Thursday, Jun 11, 2009 at 09:54

Thursday, Jun 11, 2009 at 09:54
Shaker,

Can you tell us where you got the tap from?

Cheers
FollowupID: 636890

Follow Up By: Shaker - Thursday, Jun 11, 2009 at 14:58

Thursday, Jun 11, 2009 at 14:58
Unfortunately from a local camping store that was getting out of caravan parts.

It is well worth spending the $104.00, as it has clearance fort he kitchen to slide in.
From memory though, I think it needed a stainless steel washer under it, as the threaded part is smaller than the plastic tap has.
There are some very small cold only 'flick mixer' style taps now, that also may fit.

Hope that helps.

FollowupID: 636925

Reply By: Rick.W - Tuesday, Jun 09, 2009 at 18:59

Tuesday, Jun 09, 2009 at 18:59
After reading these comments I had a look through pioneers brochure and there is no mention of usable water from the tanks, just storage.

When I bought my camper I remember being offered a stainless steel water tank upgrade for around $700 – but decided to stay with the poly tanks instead.

I also recall looking at a number of tanks on the market as yes, water is important when you need it, and noted very few tanks offer an under mounted outlet - that all quoted water storage only as well.

I had a look at the foam on my water tank and wondered what it was so I called Robin and he told me it was a "hi density foam filter" which is exactly what it feels like.

I have read these comments with interest as I am an owner of a Pioneer Argyle SE, but unlike some comments and besides some very minor issues which were quickly resolved, we think the camper is great value. I certainly didnt want to part with over $10-$20K extra for other brands which carry the same features as the SE!

By the way, the water tanks are a poly type tank and they are indeed supplied by Camec, on their website it shows as 60 and 61 litre tanks, so x 2 it is 120ltr storage. There is no mention of how much of that is usable.

Im with Mogul on this one, you will never get the same amount out of a tank that you put in - and due to the way they are mounted, it makes sense.

When I bought my camper over a year ago now, I remember it was explained by the dealer I dealt with that due to the design constraints, the tanks outlets had to be side mounted outlets and not under tank outlets as under mounted outlets would not withstand the treatment that an off road camper is design for.

Cheers
AnswerID: 369174

Follow Up By: Leevon - Tuesday, Jun 09, 2009 at 22:34

Tuesday, Jun 09, 2009 at 22:34
I too have the Pioneer brochures, and don't dispute the blurb states '60 litre water tanks'. My argument is that it should be made clear that, due to the design of the Pioneer's, only a limited amount of water is usable.

I am no foam expert, so I took the foam that I removed from the breather holes to Clark Rubber, and they laughed when I told them it was claimed to be high density. Maybe I was just unlucky. Does your tank leak from the breather holes?

The tank from Camec is actually the 59 litre one on their website (AMPAC brand, part number CC-033422), and I agree that it doesn't state usable storage. Again, my concern relates to how this information is relayed to consumers.

After the relatively easy fix we now have 119 litres usable, so again I am left wondering why, if Pioneer are as comitted to customer service as they lead us to believe, that they could not do the same.

Apart from the water storage we have had to have the water pump replaced, a leaky water filler repaired and rust treated on the chassis, so maybe ours is a 'Friday built' camper, but still disappointing.

As an aside, we carry an 86 litre tank in the back of our car, with outlets on the side and can get all 86 litres of water out.

Cheers

FollowupID: 636682

Follow Up By: Shaker - Tuesday, Jun 09, 2009 at 23:57

Tuesday, Jun 09, 2009 at 23:57
Have you spoken with Camec?
FollowupID: 636695

Follow Up By: Leevon - Wednesday, Jun 10, 2009 at 00:03

Wednesday, Jun 10, 2009 at 00:03
Yes, and they stated that they have made both Pioneer and the manufacturer of the tank aware of the problem.

Cheers
FollowupID: 636696

Reply By: Member - Alan John C (WA) - Wednesday, Jun 10, 2009 at 11:28

Wednesday, Jun 10, 2009 at 11:28
Hi Pioneer owners. You are only just scratching the surface when a Reputable off road dealers refuses to deal in pioneer campers any longer due to continued problems with Robin you must think twice about purchasing their product. I tell you our story we bought an Onyx. I went to fill the water tank and yes it filled up but also flooded the van internally who fixed this we did by bipassing filler tube and running hose directly to front of trailer and fitting snap on fittings. The tank fittings can be replaces at a hydraulic hose doctor with a pick up that will pick up most of the water from tank. The breather system is too small you need to release the air as fast as the water enters otherwise you will never fill your tank completely and the breather we covered with open weave elastiplast to prevent wasps from buliding homes in it. The lack of being able to use all your water means that unless you drain the tank the water left in tank will not be the healthiest after some time so maybe it is time to talk health department on this. We made a trip through the Kimberlies only to find all our clothing stored under the bed in the storage box was full if red dust due to drill holes behind carpet that had not been filled. The battery cable wires were not insulated and this shorted out causing battery to overheat causung it to fail and I could go on for longer but remember the trailer componants are made out of shop and their workshop in Wangara is only a module assembly plant and yes there is never the same employees at the workshop when you visit. We took twelve months to solve most of the problems or upgrade the systems in the van. We finally sold it after twelve months due more to the lack of support more than the faults and it is time that manufacturers like Pioneer are made accountable for their product regards Alan WA.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 369291

Follow Up By: Leevon - Sunday, Jun 14, 2009 at 02:11

Sunday, Jun 14, 2009 at 02:11
We strongly agree with you Alan on your comments regarding the health issues of safety of water quality and yes maybe it is time the health department were made aware of the issues regarding same. We posted earlier our theory on the breather holes being stuffed with a piece of foam and if water and air can get out then bugs, microbes etc can enter the tanks. Really an unacceptable situation! We also agree with you that there is no support from Pioneer or their Dealer in Perth once your have purchased their product. Heres to People Power!!

Cheers
FollowupID: 637281

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Wednesday, Jun 10, 2009 at 15:52

Wednesday, Jun 10, 2009 at 15:52
Nothing like happy customers.
AnswerID: 369333

Follow Up By: Shaker - Wednesday, Jun 10, 2009 at 15:58

Wednesday, Jun 10, 2009 at 15:58
I'm happy with mine, I think they are making a mountain out of a molehill, the fix is very simple!

I would hate to see the carry on if they had bought a Tru Blu camper with as many problems as mine had.
FollowupID: 636772

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Wednesday, Jun 10, 2009 at 16:39

Wednesday, Jun 10, 2009 at 16:39
Yea, I pretty much agree, but why pay that much for something you have to fix to make it do what it should do from the factory?

If the only reason you bought the trailer was for the water capacity, I'd be pist too... but then again, surely to god, that wouldnt be the only reason which it sounds like.

I just think that companies are used to people taking what they are given these days.. Nobody fights for what they are SUPPOSED to get, or are paying for. Thus the who gives a bleep attitude of many of them...

Acceptable to the company will be 'Whatever, take it or leave it... bend over and take it." way too often these days with little to nil backup from Governments or laws..

Acceptable to the customer its "I paid thousands more for this & it doesnt do it"...
FollowupID: 636778

Follow Up By: Leevon - Wednesday, Jun 10, 2009 at 19:29

Wednesday, Jun 10, 2009 at 19:29
Here here Truckster.

While the fix is (relatively) simple, why is it up to the consumer to repair a fault of the manufaturer?

Our number one reason for choosing the Pioneer WAS the water capacity, as we plan on living in the trailer for 11 months of the year, only returning home to make sure it is still in one piece. After talking with a number of trailer manufacturers, Robin gave us the impression that he cared about his product. Together with David of Camper Trailers WA who assured us that there after sales service was 'second to none'.Well, I think we have shown that this is not the case in both instances.

Cheers
FollowupID: 636803

Reply By: Leevon - Tuesday, Jun 30, 2009 at 12:00

Tuesday, Jun 30, 2009 at 12:00
Hi All, We have just returned from our first trip in the camper and all the swearing fuss and bother getting the water tanks sorted out was well worth it. We can access ALL the water in the tanks! (all but a dribble or 2 anyway). Now getting ready for some serious camping!!!

Cheers
AnswerID: 372448

Reply By: Leevon - Friday, Jul 03, 2009 at 11:32

Friday, Jul 03, 2009 at 11:32
Has anyone with a Pioneer found their bed has bowed?? We have just returned from using ours for one week and already the bend is buckled. Any one else had this problem and if so remedy please?

Cheers
AnswerID: 372897

Sponsored Links