Carnarvon Range (W.A.)

Submitted: Wednesday, Jun 10, 2009 at 13:03
ThreadID: 69680 Views:3112 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
G'day all. We intend to visit the Carnarvon Ranges in mid Sept. We are leaving the camper in Wiluna and tenting for the ranges. My question is; We intend to follow the trek notes (in reverse) and go as far as Surprising waters but should we return the same way or head back to Wiluna via Neds Creek and Wiluna North Rd. Is there much to see and do this way?
Also does anyone have any other tips for the trip? I have searched the forum and read several threads but the more info I have the better. We are travelling by ourselves (with serviced car, recovery gear, epirb etc) if anybody else is out that way and wants to catch up.
Thanks in advance.
Craig
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Phil B (WA) - Wednesday, Jun 10, 2009 at 15:23

Wednesday, Jun 10, 2009 at 15:23
Hi Craig
If you have the fuel by all means do the round trip.

There are lots of mesas, ranges and different country to see. You can also travel down part of the old RPF. Be warned though if rain has fallen recently the lower end towards Neds Creek turns to mush - we got horribly bogged on one trip thru there.

You should also need to talk to the Hall family (08) 9981 2967 who own Neds Creek - re any potential stock movements etc.

Given the chance would I do that part of the run again - yes.

cheers

Phil
There is a lot of difference between
‘Human Being’ and ‘Being Human’.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 369325

Reply By: Matt(WA) - Wednesday, Jun 10, 2009 at 21:21

Wednesday, Jun 10, 2009 at 21:21
Hi Craig,

We will definatly be keen for that trip. Back from OS now and heading North around Mid July. Will send you a MM.

Matt

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 369416

Sponsored Links