Update on CSR

Hi guys,

Just finished the CSR (North to South) and I am in Leonora about to start the Anne Beadell tomorrow. I only have a few minutes so I can give you all the info I have.

Track is all goo but a little more rutted around well 6 (Pierre springs).

Not much traffic at this stage only passed a few people for the duration, most coming from the south during our last few days.

Durba Springs hasn't seen any rain since last year. The grass is nice but the springs are the lowest I have ever seen them (2006,2007,2009). Their is about 50cm of water left in the main pool and a limited amount near the old palm stumps (green and you need to remove slime). The toilets have been replaced and are great. Their is even those BBQ/Fire pits in location now.

Well 33 (read community) still has fuel but prices haven't moved since last year ($3.20 LT)

Gary Highway in good nice and not much traffic as of yet.

Tallawana track is good out to windy corner.

Well 23 fuel site up and running and looking good. (Remember to Bring your own pump)

Confussion over CB channels on track, a few people weren't scanning and looking for traffic. Some are on channel 10, others on 40. We use 40 as 90% of others are as well.

Sorry about the spelling but I have to run. I hope this helps in making your plans

Dave
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Andrew L (QLD) - Thursday, Jun 11, 2009 at 21:35

Thursday, Jun 11, 2009 at 21:35
Damn, I would like to trade places with you, thanks for the report, I will be on the CSR in a few years.
AnswerID: 369587

Reply By: Member - Bucky, the "Mexican"- Friday, Jun 12, 2009 at 05:10

Friday, Jun 12, 2009 at 05:10
Dave
Cheers for the update !
The info about the Radio's is good to, but scanning and transmitting your approximate location from well to well, and a bit of common sence seems to be the go.

When we did the Simpson 4 years back, lots did scan, and lots didn't, or even say anything, which makes things a little harder.

Will be on the Canning ( Sth to Well 33 ) ourselves in about 9 weeks, as we have to get up there from southern Victoria, Via Hermansberg Loop, and the Surveyor General's Corner.
But it will be all good, and am counting down the says, just 6 weeks before we head off.

Cheres
Bucky

AnswerID: 369615

Reply By: Member - Vivien C (VIC) - Friday, Jun 12, 2009 at 07:41

Friday, Jun 12, 2009 at 07:41
Thanks for the update Dave & Shelley,

We're travelling with Bucky and like him, we appreciate any information on current track conditions.

Viv
AnswerID: 369624

Reply By: Member - OzGazza - Sunday, Jun 14, 2009 at 16:33

Sunday, Jun 14, 2009 at 16:33
Coool as!

That's my LSL trip right there. May 2013.

Ok so I'm planning ahaed.
AnswerID: 369930

Sponsored Links