Portable Fridges Feedback

Has anyone had experience with the Waeco CDF 35 fridge, positives or negative, to use as a freezer.

Luvinit4ever
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - steveinoz (NSW) - Sunday, Jun 14, 2009 at 14:29

Sunday, Jun 14, 2009 at 14:29
I have one and I one thing against it. It will not hold enough Tinnies.
The other, I should of bought an 80 lt one. Cheers Steve...

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 369917

Reply By: olcoolone - Sunday, Jun 14, 2009 at 15:03

Sunday, Jun 14, 2009 at 15:03
Pay the extra and buy a CF-35.

The CF-35 has a better warranty, inbuilt 240 volt, more accurate temp control and display and works better in high ambient temps.

AnswerID: 369918

Reply By: paulnsw - Sunday, Jun 14, 2009 at 16:15

Sunday, Jun 14, 2009 at 16:15
Waeco CoolFreeze CDF
Compressor technology at an entry-level price – powerful cooling for truckers and outdoor people
Good things don’t have to be expensive, WAECO CoolFreeze CDF series coolers are the best proof. In response to the tremendous demand we have increased the number of models to four by adding two super-slim units that will easily fit in tight cabins. The CDF-18 is a flyweight of a compressor cooler and convenient to carry with the sturdy handle. The new CDF-25, in turn, excels for its extremely low energy consumption. When capacity counts, opt for the CDF-35 or the CDF-45, which provide 31 or 39 litres volume for food and drinks. All CoolFreeze coolers are suitable for deep-freezing and can be firmly fitted in the vehicle by means of a fixing kit.

Top performance at low energy consumption
Refrigeration and deep-freezing up to –18°C (CDF-18/-25) or up to –15°C (CDF-35/-45)
High-performance compressor technology
12/24-volt connection available as standard
230-volt operation with low-priced mains adapter
Suitable for solar operation
Superbly silent running
Wide choice of accessories: universal fixing kit, insulating protective covers

Waeco CoolFreeze CF
Premium boxes for all applications – high-tech unlimited
CoolFreeze CF series coolers can be operated on almost any mains network in the world. Whether 12, 24, 100 or 240 volts – the integrated power supply unit recognises each voltage and adjusts itself accordingly. CF appliances feature optimised dimensions and are easy to transport. Their generous capacity makes them ideal for use in trucks and motorhomes as well as on boats or yachts. Danfoss BDF compressors ensure extraordinary performance for both normal refrigeration and deepfreezing, minimal energy consumption, compatibility with solar units, and superbly silent running. The new CF special electronics system with soft-start feature, turbo cooler and digital temperature readout adds a new dimension in performance and operating comfort. Turbo power with economy – in all CoolFreeze appliances of series CF-35 to CF-50!

High quality materials
Injection-moulded cabinets and housings; all materials CFC-free
Perfect workmanship
Optimal functionality, long service life
Cooling technology at its best
Danfoss BDF compressors; integrated voltage monitor
Universal power supply
12/24 volts DC and 100 – 240 volts AC; suitable for solar operation
Comfort and convenience
Ergonomically shaped recessed grips; sturdy carrying handles, well-organised interior
Extras available as standard
Interior light
Wide choice of accessories
Insulating protective covers, universal fixing kit, fridge slides, mains adapter
AnswerID: 369927

Follow Up By: Grossy - Monday, Jun 15, 2009 at 22:24

Monday, Jun 15, 2009 at 22:24
G'day Paul,
You wouldn't be giving such positive advice because you worked for Waeco for a number of years and currently help them out at some shows when you are asked, by any chance would you?? LOL See you at the next show. Grossy.
FollowupID: 637519

Follow Up By: paulnsw - Tuesday, Jun 16, 2009 at 06:49

Tuesday, Jun 16, 2009 at 06:49
look Gossy little dim winker there is no postivie advice there. There is only the difference between the two models copied from Waeco literature to help the enquiry. I am not dumb enough to work on a show stand or for Waeco and not stupid enough to get ripped off by Engel. I support Australian made and own an Australian made fridge better quality than any imported product.
FollowupID: 637548

Follow Up By: Grossy - Tuesday, Jun 16, 2009 at 21:44

Tuesday, Jun 16, 2009 at 21:44
Settle down I was just commenting that you sounded like a bloke who used to work for Waeco. You've obviously read the reply the wrong way so take a breath and enjoy this forum for what it is intended to be used for and that is to give each other advice and to interact and learn! I too would only buy Aussie and others should start putting their money where their mouth is instead of whingeing when our products have to be made overseas because they aren't supported here! Fridges like Evakool, Trailblazer etc should be given more of a go as they are far superior or even equal to most others.
FollowupID: 637729

Reply By: tim_c - Monday, Jun 15, 2009 at 20:22

Monday, Jun 15, 2009 at 20:22
Luvinit, I got one because I couldn't justify shelling out the extra $$$ for the electronically controlled CF-35. Since then, I've heard of quite a few people havnig problems with Waecos - all to do with the electronic controls! The major drawback is the lack of handles to tie it down.

You can use it as a freezer but it will require more power to run that way (for every degree temp. difference between inside/outside, you will have greater losses). I ran mine that way at first and had an esky as well. I had 2x 2L bottles of water which I swapped every day (ie. one freezing in the freezer, the other acting as a large ice-brick in the esky).

Keep the side vents clear so the fridge can run properly, and keep the unit out of the sun. I've found the lid is not insulated particularly well so during the day I put a pillow on top for extra insulation (the pillow is always quite cold underneath when I take it off to use it for sleeping which shows the insulation isn't doing what it should).
AnswerID: 370180

Reply By: Member - Porl - Tuesday, Jun 16, 2009 at 09:00

Tuesday, Jun 16, 2009 at 09:00
If it means anything I got the first waeco that came out. Made in Germany, 30L. Right now, between trips, it is in the downstairs room in Brisbane happily ticking away on 1 at 2.47C. been sat on, dropped, bounced around, I have burnt out its plug by leaving the lid off after too many beers on a hot day ($12 new chord) and still running as good as the day I got it now about 8 or 9 yrs ago I think.
AnswerID: 370261

Follow Up By: dbish - Tuesday, Jul 14, 2009 at 11:05

Tuesday, Jul 14, 2009 at 11:05
Im happy with mine both about 12mts old CF40 &CR80 Waeco Made in China!!
FollowupID: 641690

Sponsored Links