Trip Plan and Photos

Submitted: Monday, Jun 22, 2009 at 11:17
ThreadID: 70050 Views:2708 Replies:7 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
All,

I am looking for an application or site which will allow my to enter or load my track file so people can see where we have gone and track our progress. I would also like the ability to link photos or small trips reports as we go.

Any ideas?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Monday, Jun 22, 2009 at 11:34

Monday, Jun 22, 2009 at 11:34
Become a member of Exploroz and you can write travel blogs etc

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 371305

Follow Up By: Coolman - Monday, Jun 22, 2009 at 11:49

Monday, Jun 22, 2009 at 11:49
Kev,

I had thought of that but what I really wanted was to be able to provide access to anyone, display my route, and link photos. I will look at Exploreoz but I did not think it provided all this. I could be wrong, would not be the first time.

I am currenly looking at Google Maps and a facebook app but the facebook app does not seem to flash.

Thanks for the idea.

(I should become a member anyway after being a vistor for the last 2 years)
FollowupID: 638579

Follow Up By: chisel - Monday, Jun 22, 2009 at 12:02

Monday, Jun 22, 2009 at 12:02
Perhaps try Google Earth instead of Maps ... has more features for using photos. Can't view in a browser like Maps though.
FollowupID: 638581

Reply By: Saharaman (aka Geepeem) - Monday, Jun 22, 2009 at 11:58

Monday, Jun 22, 2009 at 11:58
HI,

Our friends used the following to create their own travel site which anyone could access at any time as well post comments to them on their travels:

www.freewebs.com

Cheers
GPM

AnswerID: 371311

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Monday, Jun 22, 2009 at 12:01

Monday, Jun 22, 2009 at 12:01
Coolman, we have a Blog facility on ExplorOz - this enables a person (Members only) to create a trip diary (or other) with embedded photos and attach any other document files. These blogs can be read by your family and friends, and anyone on ExplorOz. Just send them the link to your profile - they don't need to be a member, nor do they even have to register to view it but there is a slight limitation on who can leave a comment on your page - they must be a member to do that. As a member you would also have a page where you can build your profile - here you also have a photo gallery to store other pics for people to browse through. It's up to you if you feel it suits your needs, however we have customised this service to provide a facility specifically for travellers like you, so if you feel it is lacking something, please let us know and we can look at suggestions for future upgrades.
regards,
MM
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 371312

Reply By: GerryP - Monday, Jun 22, 2009 at 21:33

Monday, Jun 22, 2009 at 21:33
You could also check out Google Blogspot at https://www.blogger.com/start?hl=en

You can post pictures and links etc. You can also make it totally public or limit access to just those that you allow.

Cheers
Gerry
AnswerID: 371406

Reply By: Coolman - Tuesday, Jun 23, 2009 at 21:20

Tuesday, Jun 23, 2009 at 21:20
All,

Thanks for the feedback. Here are my current thoughts.

Used Google earth to load in my OziExplorer waypoints (good fun but only on PC)

Will probably use Picasso for the photos. I can associate with places in Google Google Earth for GeoTagging.

On the blogging I wanted something I could update daily and then load. I will use blogger and the email function so I can type an email each day and send.

I also investigated the Oziexplorer addon which links the photos to an Ozitrack.

All this is the theory at the moment. I will see how it goes on the trip,

Thanks for all the advice. (Still plan on joining as a member! - perhaps for my birthday)
AnswerID: 371584

Reply By: JAZZY - Wednesday, Jun 24, 2009 at 21:40

Wednesday, Jun 24, 2009 at 21:40
Hi there,

You can use photobucket.com to load photos onto the web site and then link them to here perhaps, like I did with the pics below? PS the pics are just a couple I have on my photo bucket album.

AnswerID: 371718

Reply By: Squizzy - Thursday, Jun 25, 2009 at 11:19

Thursday, Jun 25, 2009 at 11:19
try this site
http://www.4x4earth.com.au/forum/
AnswerID: 371773

Sponsored Links