Has any one made up remote adjustable towing mirrors.

Submitted: Tuesday, Jun 30, 2009 at 20:50
ThreadID: 70280 Views:2207 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Guy's I have resonable good quality towing mirrors but they are never exactly where I wan't them for rear viewing.

So I'm thinking of removing the remote mirrors of me old Camry and sticking them on the outside edge of me Aussie truck mirrors.

I think then I could just do a cut and shut on the electrics plug on the Pajeros Mirrors and just have a isolating switch so I can adjust both right or left mirrors and towing mirrors individually from inside the car.

Anyone done similar, or has any other ideas.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Dave B ( BHQ NSW) - Tuesday, Jun 30, 2009 at 20:58

Tuesday, Jun 30, 2009 at 20:58
One of my mates got a set of electric mirrors from the wreckers and put them on his bullbar.
He has extensions bolted on the bar for the mirrors and has wired up a plug that just sits under the front of the bonnet.
When he goes away, he just attaches the mirrors to the bar and plugs them in and he can adjust them from inside for parking or travelling down the highway. Brilliant.

Dave
'Wouldn't be dead for quids'

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 372528

Follow Up By: Roughasguts - Wednesday, Jul 01, 2009 at 19:39

Wednesday, Jul 01, 2009 at 19:39
Thank's Dave, yeah I might go ahead with me plan then scrap the camry it ain't worth much with a blown head gaskett. And if i fix it well it still ain't worth much, so thinking of scrapping it for a few hundred dollars.

Pitty it was a nice car, better than me 2004 V6 Camry to drive.
FollowupID: 639914

Sponsored Links