hf beacons.

Submitted: Friday, Jul 03, 2009 at 15:47
ThreadID: 70361 Views:2069 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
does anyone know any selcall numbers that i can beacon call to test my radio. i have left my membership expire on most things and having problems with my radio transmitting. ( i think ) . i just need a way to test the output so i can diagnose my radio issues, thanks.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: BenDiD - Friday, Jul 03, 2009 at 19:24

Friday, Jul 03, 2009 at 19:24
qubert,

unless you are currently licensed to use a particular network's frequencies, you are not entitled to use those frequencies to call anyone (beacon, voice or otherwise).

I realise that this doesn't really help much, just letting you know that beacon calling another user rather than a network's base station doesn't get around the problem of an expired membership.

Having said all of that I don't know how anyone would ever know if you did either of these things, unless the network logs all beacon calls and compares them to current / expired members lists. Hmm, seems a bit unlikely doesn't it?

good luck

Ben
AnswerID: 372965

Follow Up By: Member - Mark E (VIC) - Saturday, Jul 04, 2009 at 03:18

Saturday, Jul 04, 2009 at 03:18
They do...... :-)

I once sold a radio to a fellow with the VKS frequencies in and he promised me he would joing the network, but began using the frequencies without joining, Guess sho got the phonecall (it did have my selcall number in it as I forgot to reprogram this) from the VKS network? Problem was sorted quick smart.

Most commercial networks log selcall numbers....even some private ones.

Cheers,

Mark
FollowupID: 640228

Sponsored Links