Displaying raster maps on TomTom GPS

Submitted: Monday, Jul 06, 2009 at 12:06
ThreadID: 70436 Views:3059 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hello - this program may be of interest to owners of Tom Toms who want more versatilty out of their unit

ttMaps

Havent gone into in any detail as I dont have a Tom Tom but looks like a similar concept to OziExplorerCe.

Requires ecw format maps - I assume Natmap 250K will work for starters.

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bob of KAOS - Monday, Jul 06, 2009 at 17:25

Monday, Jul 06, 2009 at 17:25
Thanks Greg

I'll give it a run.

Bob
AnswerID: 373331

Reply By: Blaze (Berri) - Tuesday, Jul 07, 2009 at 01:52

Tuesday, Jul 07, 2009 at 01:52
Looks good Greg, bet some people with benifit from it, nice pass on mate.

Cheers
AnswerID: 373407

Reply By: Member - Mike DID - Tuesday, Jul 07, 2009 at 10:00

Tuesday, Jul 07, 2009 at 10:00
This is an amazing bit of software - a lot of the functionality of OziCE that will run on a TomTom !

Here's some good news for Aussies "Georeferencing a file already calibrated for OziExplorer - There are lots of maps for OziExplorer. Thus, we are going to show step by step, on three practical examples, how to convert your maps to ECW format. "

I can't see myself using it though - it'll be a lot of work to get it running and to convert the maps. My TomTom has no SD card so I risk crashing the TomTom.

Ever since OziCE allowed me to design the display pages EXACTLY as I want them I'm in GPS heaven - e.g. simultaneous display of my postion in Lat Long and Grid Co-ordinates.

I'll use the PDA to run OziExplorer and the TomTom to run road navigation software.
AnswerID: 373430

Sponsored Links