Mick O's relayed report.

I just got off the phone with Mick. 2 failed attempts to ring me on my home phone, and 1 dropout on the mobile - I don't think he is happy with his satellite phone service provider!!

He asked me to put up some info, but the first 20 seconds I was looking for a pen :))

Anyway he is currently at Midway Well on the Talawana.

He came from Skull Springs Road then via Mike Mine and Perana Rockhole went to Bocrabee Hill which he and his mate cliimbed. All waterholes were dry.

The pools along the western side of Rudall River NP are all dry. Currun Currun is a six inch puddle.

The entire south west of RRNP is dry.Tjingkulatjatjarra Pool is dry.

Desert Queens Baths is amongst the only place to find water. They found 3 more pools 2 hours further up (with dry waterfalls?) from DQB's.

They found 2 major waterfalls (one 60m high?) in the "middle of the park" with pools. Mick told me about these before he left. It sounds like a great Google Earth discovery - Mick can provide the details, look forward to the photos.

The Graphite Valley Road is in poor condition.

Cotton Creek to Georgia Bore (Talawana) Road is "Crap"

He is going down the Eagle Highway tomorrow via the Connoly Basin Crater, then Warburton.

Cheers
Alan

Looking for adventure.
In whatever comes our way.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Fred B (NT) - Thursday, Jul 09, 2009 at 21:50

Thursday, Jul 09, 2009 at 21:50
Hi Alan,
hope you told him we have been sitting on the edge of of our computer chairs (surely we haven't been lounging in our cosy armchairs... lol. (: lol.) eagerly awaiting his reports. Other than the sat Ph. I hope all is well with him and vehicle?

The way things are going it will be an extremely wet year next year, and I won't be able to do my June 2010 Rudall trip because of wash outs. Hope it's wet enough to put water back where it's needed, but not destroy access tracks. RRNP has become very popular with tour companies as well in the last 5 years.

Give him our regards when you next talk to him.
Fred B
VKS 737: Mobile/Selcall 1334

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 373855

Reply By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Thursday, Jul 09, 2009 at 22:21

Thursday, Jul 09, 2009 at 22:21
Hi Alan
Thanks for the update. Did he tell you that he is also the proud member of the "Confluence" club. I see that he has logged a unvisited site, well done Mick.

Cheers

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 373863

Follow Up By: equinox - Thursday, Jul 09, 2009 at 22:38

Thursday, Jul 09, 2009 at 22:38
I think he has two..that fills the gap which was the largest void of unvisited confluences in WA. He's chasing our tails now Stephen we'll have to get a few more..

Looking for adventure.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 641034

Follow Up By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Friday, Jul 10, 2009 at 08:08

Friday, Jul 10, 2009 at 08:08
Hi Alan,
As you and I both know, first visit confluences are a real buzz, well they are for me anyway. We are off very soon, with confluences on my list. One that I hoped to log has now been canned, as I was declined a permit from the Aboriginal Authorities. I do not know how many you have logged, but I have 40 successful confluences under my belt. Our most crazy confluence visit, was below, we had a return walk of over 15 kilometres.

Cheers

Stephen

Image Could Not Be FoundImage Could Not Be Found
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 641063

Follow Up By: equinox - Friday, Jul 10, 2009 at 09:42

Friday, Jul 10, 2009 at 09:42
Geez, your miles ahead...I have only 4, though all unique. I will try and get another two unique next year.

Cheers

Looking for adventure.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 641071

Reply By: Member - The Bushwhackers -NSW - Thursday, Jul 09, 2009 at 22:34

Thursday, Jul 09, 2009 at 22:34
Hi Alan,
Thanks for the report, always good to hear how Mick is going. Should be good to check the blog/pics when he gets home.
Cheers, Dave
AnswerID: 373869

Reply By: Ozhumvee - Saturday, Jul 11, 2009 at 20:22

Saturday, Jul 11, 2009 at 20:22
We had lunch with him and Alan at T----------- (I can't spell it ;-)) the other day and we then parted company, he eastwards and us southwards.
The nissan is going well now.
Peter
AnswerID: 374096

Sponsored Links