Off to QLD for a month & thank you

Submitted: Monday, Sep 14, 2009 at 13:29
ThreadID: 72251 Views:2170 Replies:3 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
My daughter and I are leaving in the early hours of Sunday morning for a month long road trip to Queensland. Hopefully getting up to the Daintree and are thoroughly looking forward to it! If you see 2 females on your travels with the explor0z sticker on the back of the camper, give us a wave! lol

The camper trailer is all packed and the cars' been serviced & we are ready to go! Would love to have gone to the St George gathering and met up with so many of you that contribute so much info to this website. Unfortunately we will be well past St George at that time and with only 1 month away we have limited travel time for the distance I would like to cover.

Thanks to everyone for all the contributions on here and the wide variety of topics covered. Every morning I get into work and check the forum for new & interesting threads. Have learnt heaps!

Hope the gathering goes well and I look forward to browsing on here in a months time looking & planning for my next trip!

Cheers & safe travels.

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - DAZA (QLD) - Monday, Sep 14, 2009 at 13:37

Monday, Sep 14, 2009 at 13:37
Hi Jo

You 2 ladies have a safe and enjoyable trip, and behave your selves lol lol. I just checked out the photo of your rig, it looks great.

Cheers
AnswerID: 383087

Follow Up By: Member - Jo Q (NSW) - Tuesday, Sep 15, 2009 at 11:12

Tuesday, Sep 15, 2009 at 11:12
Always behave myself! lol Wish I could say the same for my 6 year old daughter!

FollowupID: 650855

Reply By: happytravelers - Monday, Sep 14, 2009 at 21:59

Monday, Sep 14, 2009 at 21:59
You have a real gift with the camera Jo, I just had a look at your blog and your photos are postcard quality, very nice.
Enjoy your trip up here to Qld. What are you planning to see and do?
Jon
AnswerID: 383185

Follow Up By: Member - Jo Q (NSW) - Tuesday, Sep 15, 2009 at 11:03

Tuesday, Sep 15, 2009 at 11:03
Thanks Jon, I enjoy mucking around with the camera and take heaps of photos whilst on holidays - they are the best of 1000's taken!

No real plans as to when we will be arriving where, but have gone through books and brochures etc... and listed a whole lot of things that we want to see. My daughter is only 6 and is looking forward to all the "Big" things and Australia Zoo. I'm looking forward to the Atherton Tablelands, the Daintree and Fraser Island. There is so much to see in such a short time- I'm sure we will be back!

FollowupID: 650852

Reply By: kangas - Wednesday, Sep 16, 2009 at 20:05

Wednesday, Sep 16, 2009 at 20:05
where you planning to stay near Australia zoo?
Big pine apple is not far from there to.
If you can do a whale tour from moololaba run by australia zoo, great experience.
Enjoy your trip and slow down, we are a few years behind here :)
AnswerID: 383417

Follow Up By: Member - Jo Q (NSW) - Thursday, Sep 17, 2009 at 09:34

Thursday, Sep 17, 2009 at 09:34
Not sure where we're staying near Australia Zoo - no concrete plans, will play it be ear. Don't necessarily need power so I'm sure we will find something! :)

The whale tour sounds great & the Big Pineapple is on the list!

Looking forward to slowing down a bit lol

FollowupID: 651108

Sponsored Links