CUB CAMPERS

Submitted: Monday, Sep 15, 2003 at 20:56
ThreadID: 7249 Views:3003 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi,
I am looking at buying a Cub Camper. The camper I am looking at is a base Cub /Regal with what is called the Trans Continetal Pack (TCP).

The TCP is supposed to upgrade the base model to be more like their offroad model/

I would be interested iin comments from any one who has a Cub camper with the TCP and whether this is satisfactory or not for off road driving.

I own a Subaru forester so I am not going to go into place where it is extremely rough any way but would like to do things like the Oonadatta track and the likes.

Richard
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Toonfish - Tuesday, Sep 16, 2003 at 01:07

Tuesday, Sep 16, 2003 at 01:07
from looking at the model you are talking about at a show last year i would definately consider it as it is cheaper but i cant remember if the track is adjustable for your car or stays factory setting .
recent concerns on some are welds but having seen there off road version they do look similair.
i also think you can overspring mount for a little more clearance.
hope it helped.
great little campers hold good value and easy to set up.1999 NISSAN NAVARA DUALCAB
DIESEL 3.2 & SPRINGY CARLTON TOY
AnswerID: 31191

Reply By: Member - dolfn - Tuesday, Sep 16, 2003 at 07:49

Tuesday, Sep 16, 2003 at 07:49
I rand into a guy up the Cape who had the off-road cub camper. His was the purpose built off-road model. He said it was a joke. It was not very good off road, and any kind of rough dirt road, ie corrugations rattled the trailer to bits. His was only one month old and he said he was taking it back to upgrade to one of the real purpose built off-road trailers.(Ultimate, T-Van, Kimberly etc). My advice, for what it is worth, is if you want your trailer to last, either buy a good off road trailer with full canvas tent option, for around the ame prce as the Cub or if you want the convenience of having everything onboard and want a 5 min setup (and you have a spare $30K) then buy one of the real Off-road models.
See you on our travels

H,K & A
AnswerID: 31197

Reply By: flappan - Tuesday, Sep 16, 2003 at 14:26

Tuesday, Sep 16, 2003 at 14:26
I'm a bit sus on Cub at the moment. Their Quality Control doesn't appear to be as good as it was.

Maybe they are just selling too many units at the moment to keep an eye on everything . . . the Old Monday/Friday trailer . . .
AnswerID: 31230

Reply By: athol - Wednesday, Sep 17, 2003 at 16:27

Wednesday, Sep 17, 2003 at 16:27
Richard, I bought a CUB Offroad "Escape" early this year and unfortunatly as said above I think their Quality control ??? is non-exsistant. I had it back to the factory without even using it , the water tank leaked as soon as I filled it. The sealing around top (not the fold-over seal) leaked water in around alluminium edge strip and when we went to use it on a freezeing weekend in June near Moss Vale found bed wet and mouldy, sealed around edge myself with Silastic. Anyway just returned from a trip to Cameron Corner and up to Innaminka via the old strez. and across to Thargominda and through central NSW. Great trip but found the dust sealing around hatch at the back and of all places around the inside of the wheel arches very bad.More Silastic both on the track and once home and clean.Not very good for an "offroad" camper I never expected to take on exteme tracks but these are just dirt roads. another problem with water tank it has a breather on top which is/was left open for dust to enter causing dirty water. On the plus side towed like a breeze, and easy to put up and down, plenty of storage under bed. I am not sure of dust sealing on others. So I guess you get what you pay for, and weigh it up that way. Athol.
AnswerID: 31333

Sponsored Links