SHURFLO Mains Press Regulator - Leak

Submitted: Thursday, Jan 07, 2010 at 14:27
ThreadID: 74964 Views:1663 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived

My fan has one of these on it, and it leaks behind the finger screw/tap. so not inside the van, just all outside. When tightening it, I can't get it tight enough for the tap not to feel loose, it still wobbles about. Is this part meant to be tight/wobble free when connected? I'm wondering if there is a washer missing, I can't see any obvious spots where one would be missing.

Any suggestions before I go fork out for a new one? Is this the best type of connector to use for connecting mains water to a van?

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By:- Thursday, Jan 07, 2010 at 14:38

Thursday, Jan 07, 2010 at 14:38
Hi Matt, from memory you need to buy a double ended male thread in 3/4inch to screw in to the pressure reg and then screw the tap fitting on the other end of that. The one i have in black poly but they come in brass also. Bunnings or a plumbing supply shop will carry them.
cheers Troy
AnswerID: 398089

Follow Up By: Matt Watson - Thursday, Jan 07, 2010 at 14:46

Thursday, Jan 07, 2010 at 14:46

Thats what I have, I screw it in as far as it will go, but the hand tightner on the shurflo is still loose.
FollowupID: 666920

Reply By:- Thursday, Jan 07, 2010 at 16:54

Thursday, Jan 07, 2010 at 16:54
Matt , thats not the one i was talking about. The one i have used is generally used in irragation and is threaded on both ends it would be about an inch long. it will screw in to the reg all the way and then on the other side you will need a female tap fitting (like you would use on your house tap) to screw to the other male tread end.

Sorry i dont have photos but some else may help, the one you have always leak

cheers Troy
AnswerID: 398116

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (14)