How to install an air conditioner in a camper van

Submitted: Wednesday, Jan 13, 2010 at 16:34
ThreadID: 75171 Views:5522 Replies:1 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Found this link about installing a home made air conditioner on the net and thought some maybe interested in it after recently reading some thoughts on here about how poorly the manufacturer installed airconditioners in vans etc perform.

Note you should read the points made under the heading Caution before doing it. I havent installed one so I cant give a report on its short or long term performance. Maybe someone on here can comment on the installation method described when comparing it to their own home made job. A similar installation method could be used to suit the various vans. Cheers....
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member No 1- Thursday, Jan 14, 2010 at 08:39

Thursday, Jan 14, 2010 at 08:39
his RAC install is illegal is my opinion...its protruding from the side of the va
AnswerID: 399314

Follow Up By: PradOz - Thursday, Jan 14, 2010 at 11:25

Thursday, Jan 14, 2010 at 11:25
Sorry you have lost me. Your short abbreviated statement makes no sense.

Are you talking about being illegal for travel or when its setup for camping?

Its put away inside for travel so doesnt protrude then.

Please post a copy of relevant laws that are being broken so we are all the wiser - thanks
FollowupID: 668310

Follow Up By: Member No 1- Thursday, Jan 14, 2010 at 15:57

Thursday, Jan 14, 2010 at 15:57
Yes Illegal when on the road...i was unware it goes inside when when travelling
FollowupID: 668352

Follow Up By: PradOz - Thursday, Jan 14, 2010 at 18:32

Thursday, Jan 14, 2010 at 18:32
It would have been rather difficult for the owner of that particular camper to travel with it in the installed position, as it is shown in the photo in an A'van Camper. These campers are folded up and look much like any wind up type Camper Van when they are in travel mode. The Avans have been around so long now and are easily spotted by their A shape when erected.

There is also a note of caution in the article that should be read to prevent damage to the A/c. Actually its probably best to read the whole article before judging if it suits your particular application.

FollowupID: 668372

Sponsored Links