Bucket seat in Troopy passenger side, I did it

Submitted: Wednesday, Oct 01, 2003 at 22:04
ThreadID: 7543 Views:2145 Replies:4 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Troopy owners, I found a way to install a drivers seat in the passenger's side of my Troopy.
Take 1 Troopy drivers seat, exchange the slide rail mounts from the original double seat. 3 original bolts will fit back into their respective positions, the 4th one near the inside belt anchor or rear right, use a 50mm piece of flat, that will join the rear 2 mounts on the sliders, about 350mm long would do.
Use a large 10 or 12mm H.T. bolt to fix the flat onto the slider .
Off this piece of flat, weld a 60mm long piece of flat to the rear so you can drop a bolt (original) into the centre seatbelt anchor point.
Pretty easy. I used 3mm flat for the job and apart from the painting, took me 1.5hrs.
Ave a great "Aussee" day everyone.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ross - Thursday, Oct 02, 2003 at 00:04

Thursday, Oct 02, 2003 at 00:04
Harry another way is to get a single passengers seat out of a FJ73/BJ74 and drill 2 holes and weld some 50x50 mm plate with some nuts underneath and bolt them in like Toyota did . Most 73/74 series have large console in the middle and 2 singles seats, but as long as your happy cheers.
AnswerID: 32568

Follow Up By: Harry - Friday, Oct 03, 2003 at 20:54

Friday, Oct 03, 2003 at 20:54
Thanks for the interest Ross, your on the right track aren't you.
Yep I'm happy with the re-shunt.
H ave a good weekend mate. :>)
FollowupID: 23410

Reply By: ross - Thursday, Oct 02, 2003 at 00:04

Thursday, Oct 02, 2003 at 00:04
Harry another way is to get a single passengers seat out of a FJ73/BJ74 and drill 2 holes and weld some 50x50 mm plate with some nuts underneath and bolt them in like Toyota did . Most 73/74 series have large console in the middle and 2 singles seats, but as long as your happy cheers.
AnswerID: 32569

Reply By: GLAYVA MAN(bendigo) - Thursday, Oct 02, 2003 at 18:12

Thursday, Oct 02, 2003 at 18:12
gday harry .
how much was the engineers report for that pleasejamieson wild cat
AnswerID: 32624

Follow Up By: Harry - Friday, Oct 03, 2003 at 20:51

Friday, Oct 03, 2003 at 20:51
I coudn't give 2 stuffs about your engineers report.
As far as I'm concerned it's stronger and heavier than the original mount and it won't break.
So your telling me you've always had an engineers report for everything you've re- hashed or designed to do the job, who are you trying to kid pal.
It's a pity people like you could say " nice 1 Harry, now is it strong enough" and will it do the job.
Hey dodo get a little more positive will you.
I understand what your saying and I also know what I'm doing.
Have a good 1, and thanks for at least reading my statement.
Harry and still smiling :>)
FollowupID: 23409

Follow Up By: GLAYVA MAN(bendigo) - Friday, Oct 03, 2003 at 21:00

Friday, Oct 03, 2003 at 21:00
thats a bit harsh harry.i fitted monza seats to my gq and need to get an engineers report.i just wanted to know how much/where and what they looked for.but thank you very much for your answer just hope everyone on this site is as help full as you.its a pitty theres not more people like you who are so willing to help other people out just imagine what it would be like with out helpfull information and informative answers from people like your self.
thanks for taking the time to read this.
if i need anymore usefull help ill be sure to look you up thanks again jamieson wild cat
FollowupID: 23411

Reply By: Harry - Friday, Oct 03, 2003 at 21:11

Friday, Oct 03, 2003 at 21:11
OH boy you were quick I give you that.
Sorry if I offended you, none intended, but it really irks me when somebody comes out with a comment like that. I knew straight away that it was you replying, I sat here quietly smiling, thinking, did I stir someone up, oh well, let's see what you have to say.
If I knew an engineer I would certainly go see him, but I don't, so I gather as much information about a subject and sift out what I don't need and go for it.
thanks for your interest, keep in touch
Harry (c u in the bush) :>)
AnswerID: 32727

Sponsored Links