Oztent.

Submitted: Wednesday, Oct 01, 2003 at 22:06
ThreadID: 7544 Views:2195 Replies:2 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Great stuff Cocka, just the info I was lookin for, now tell me how long have you had yours and would you purchase another?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Royce- Wednesday, Oct 01, 2003 at 23:40

Wednesday, Oct 01, 2003 at 23:40
Haven't seen the thread you are referring to. We've got one. It's certainly quick to put up but heavy and big! I don't think it's worth the money unless you have just the right mounting space perhaps on the side of a trailer. I'll work out how to do that soon... I'm considering an Open Sky awning perhaps with sides for the bus. The Oztent should match in well with it. Royce www.funshow.com.au
AnswerID: 32566

Follow Up By: Member -BJ (Sydney) - Thursday, Oct 02, 2003 at 17:56

Thursday, Oct 02, 2003 at 17:56
You been away Royce havn't seen you post for ages, like your next one though & replys what a laugh ( daughter had a good chuckle too) Regards Bob
Where to next
FollowupID: 23317

Reply By: Member - Cocka - Saturday, Oct 04, 2003 at 10:23

Saturday, Oct 04, 2003 at 10:23
Harry I just found this thread, I answerd you via email that's why its not on the forum. Answer to your Q's - 4 going on 5 years and, Yes I would.
I had to take mine back to OzT head office in Syd yesterday, they were most anxious to see it as I had a prob with a zipper, excellnt service. Joe the boss is in Melb at the moment & will look at the prob when he gets back.

Re the weight issue raised above it's all relative to your own abilities and the quality you want in a tent. Obviously nylons are lighter, 2oz birkmire canvas is heavier. We have the Trakkar (middle size) and I can throw it into the basket on top of the patrol, maybe in 5 years I wont be able to, I'll deal with that prob when it arrives.

Out at the OzT shop I took time to look at the new ones. The fabric is different, looks lighter, and the zipped on side screen is a definite improvement.
AnswerID: 32752

Follow Up By: Harry - Saturday, Oct 04, 2003 at 22:41

Saturday, Oct 04, 2003 at 22:41
Thanks Cocka, your reliable that's for sure.
I'll be at the next 4x show in Melb. if OzT have a stand there.
I wont have a lifting problem, as I've designed the back of my truck to walk in for the full length of the floor, so I'll just allow for the tent to slide in on it's side.
Your pretty good Cocka , now tell me , what's the temperature going to be at Noccundra S.W.Qld. next week when i get there? :>)
Harry still smilin :>)
FollowupID: 23448

Follow Up By: Member - Cocka - Monday, Oct 06, 2003 at 00:40

Monday, Oct 06, 2003 at 00:40
The temps a tricky one, a bit like knowing where the stock market is going to be next week. It's great bush out through the channel country, Thargomindah, Quilpie,Windorah etc.
Keep an eye on this map for the rainfall (updated every 10 mins). Probably more important than the temps.

http://mirror.bom.gov.au/products/IDR382.shtml#imageCarpe Diem
FollowupID: 23493

Sponsored Links