Rooftop and Westprint maps for Memory Map

Submitted: Sunday, Jan 24, 2010 at 14:02
ThreadID: 75445 Views:3470 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Does anyone have Rooftop and Westprint ( and even Hema) maps calibrated for Memory map?

I have purchased these and been using them on oziexplorer but want to use them on Memory map, mainly for the dual mapping display on MM which I quite like.

I have been importing and calibrating them from the Ozi format to MM but it is quite tedious. If anyone knows a site where this has been done that would be great.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Geoff M - Monday, Jan 25, 2010 at 08:10

Monday, Jan 25, 2010 at 08:10
Hi Boobook

I have MM navigator and have imported & calibrated the Rooftop maps. Was a bit tedious but didn't find it too bad.

Its worth the effort in my opinion as I have the Hema maps, Vicmap and Rooftop maps now all available on my laptop with Memory Map, but generally use the rooftop's as I find these the best for an overall view (the VicMaps are great for detail).

Geoff
AnswerID: 400900

Follow Up By: Boobook2 - Monday, Jan 25, 2010 at 19:17

Monday, Jan 25, 2010 at 19:17
Thanks Geoff,

Did you work out any system or end up doing it individually?
FollowupID: 670249

Reply By: Geoff M - Wednesday, Jan 27, 2010 at 08:10

Wednesday, Jan 27, 2010 at 08:10
No system, just did each map individually. Didn't take all that long, just tedious. Did a few each night for a while.

Steps to do each map were:
1. Open the map
2. Calibrate by selecting calbrate, picking three areas and entering values
3. Set the map boundary (boundary from route)
4. Changing the map properties

Took me a little while to work out the lat/long format but got there in the end.

The files are a bit big to email, could try if you like.

Geoff
AnswerID: 401257

Follow Up By: Member - Boobook - Thursday, Feb 11, 2010 at 15:19

Thursday, Feb 11, 2010 at 15:19
Geoff thanks for your help.

FYI I found a freeware program called DRGMapcal here that converts Ozi .map calibration files to .jpr files required for Memory Map. Works a treat.

Use this and you don't have to recalibrate the maps in MM any more.

Also if the map pic files in Ozi are OZFX3 you can convert them to TIFF by saving them as JPG in Oziexplorer, then convert them with one of many conversion programs.

FollowupID: 673359

Reply By: Geoff M - Thursday, Feb 11, 2010 at 15:36

Thursday, Feb 11, 2010 at 15:36
The conversion program sounds great - I give it a try in the next few days.

A tool that I have been using to convert .ozfx3 files is called "ogf2tool" which works a treat - can't remember where I downloaded it from but remember that it was free. This tool allows the conversion to multiple formats - I've been converting to .tiff.

Thanks again for the information.
AnswerID: 403780

Sponsored Links