snorkel/dual batts

Submitted: Thursday, Oct 02, 2003 at 19:38
ThreadID: 7563 Views:2411 Replies:6 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Can someone tell me a good/cheap place to get daul batts and a snorkel fitted to a bj 42, how much would i be looking at $$? also what would be the best suspention to put on one of these? old man emu? where would i get it done and how much? On a tight budget!!

Thanks, Aaron
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Goona - Thursday, Oct 02, 2003 at 19:47

Thursday, Oct 02, 2003 at 19:47
Aron,

As far as the dual battery system goes talk to the guys at your local Opposite lock about a Rototronics unit. I have tried several others and for an idiot proof system this is the best.

Goona
AnswerID: 32631

Reply By: the shed guy - Thursday, Oct 02, 2003 at 20:27

Thursday, Oct 02, 2003 at 20:27
It is very rare that "good" and "cheap" will be the same thing, especially in the 4wd world.

Best to work out which is more important, and go from there, I run the Piranha system, had no trouble with it, and Safari certainly put alot of R&D into the product they produce.
AnswerID: 32634

Reply By: Rod from Rotronics Pty Ltd - Friday, Oct 03, 2003 at 08:58

Friday, Oct 03, 2003 at 08:58
Hi Aaron,
If you want -- GOOD -- Rotronics manufacture the most efficient charge/Isolators available. If you are looking for "Value for Money" with "Consistant Long Term Efficiency" and include "Alternator Protection and Wiring Protection" then Rotronics will have a product to suit your requirements.
If you want -- CHEAP -- Forget - "Value, Efficiency, Protection and Reliability.
Rotronics provide a 3 - Year product Guarantee.
Also as part of our guarantee, Rotronics provides a Free 3 -- Year 1800 No. Tech Support Australia Wide, which covers any queries you may have on the unit, installation, operation,in-service problems ie battery not charging, recovery slow, alternator not charging correctly etc.

Our Website is set out as a Selection Guode to allow you to look at the different units and the operation and battery recharge efficiency.
Rotronics also provides a Free Service for Technical Information on 1800 644 620 or email. Get all the facts before you buy.
Regards,
Rod Street - Technical Manager - Rotronics
AnswerID: 32670

Reply By: Moose - Friday, Oct 03, 2003 at 13:28

Friday, Oct 03, 2003 at 13:28
Aaron
If you're on a tight budget then stay away from the Opposite Lock, TJM, ARB type establishments. They always charge top $. Do a bit of research on the net - you'll be amazed what you can find. Rigging up a dual battery system that works isn't that hard and you'll save a bundle by doing it yourself. There are several ways to do it and the cost will vary sigificantly. All depends on how sophisticated you want the end result. As for the other parts of your question I'll leave to others to answer.
You should say where you live because how the hell can you expect someone to give you the name of a workshop when we don't know your location!
AnswerID: 32686

Reply By: Greentech - Friday, Oct 03, 2003 at 14:02

Friday, Oct 03, 2003 at 14:02
Aaron
Agree stay away from ARB, TJM, etc.
For dual batts go talk to a good auto electrician who has experience with this requirement. You will get a solution suitable for your individual needs and vehicle and save a bundle. I have found the wiring and components used by 4WD speciality shops are barely adequate - you will get a superior result from an experienced auto elec!

Again, for suspension - talk to a manufacturer, eg King Springs, and get their recommendation.
AnswerID: 32692

Reply By: Member - Des - Monday, Oct 06, 2003 at 13:39

Monday, Oct 06, 2003 at 13:39
I you are in Vic, try the 4x4 show at Jeff's Shed in a couple of weeks. Plenty of discounts usually on offer and you can shop around.
AnswerID: 32879

Sponsored Links