Lightning Ridge Cameron Corner

Hi all...

I am planning a trip through outback Queensland and need some pointers.

I am a photographer and after photographing most of what is on offer in NSW (Country and Outback) I am looking further afield and have come up with Outback QLD. Lightning RidgeCameron Corner

Any 'Not to Miss' places and routes?
Is late March too early?
Anyone else do a route through there?

I am in a Grand Vitara (soon to be mod'd up)

Thanks in advance for any tips
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Trevor R (QLD) - Monday, Feb 01, 2010 at 15:52

Monday, Feb 01, 2010 at 15:52
I reckon if you are into photography you won't go wrong at Currawinya NP near Hungerford. The waterholes there are breathtakingly beautiful, plenty of wildlife, shearing shed history, ruins ect ect. Usual superb outback sunrises and sunsets too. You will have no hassles in the Zook up there either, good formed dirt roads.

Have fun and post your pics when you get back......just to rub it in to poor workin folk like me hehehehe.

Regards, Trevor.
AnswerID: 402093

Follow Up By: Trevor R (QLD) - Tuesday, Feb 02, 2010 at 09:16

Tuesday, Feb 02, 2010 at 09:16
Jeez, thought I would leave room for others to add their favourite spots but no other replies.

I will also add a good camp on the Wilson Rv at Noccundra. Go to the pub (Noccundra Hotel) and follow your nose from there..... if you can get past the beer taps you will find a very nice camp down on the river hehehe. Good showers outside the pub for a small donation. The Wilson Rv made for some nice photos when I was there.

Cheers, Trevor.
FollowupID: 671676

Reply By: sambob - Thursday, Feb 04, 2010 at 16:31

Thursday, Feb 04, 2010 at 16:31
Hi trevor... thanks for your info; I will certainly use it.

Yes surprised to by very few replies.

Oh well... a good sign also that it may be a 'route less travelled' :)

Thanks again
AnswerID: 402659

Sponsored Links