Password match

Submitted: Sunday, Oct 05, 2003 at 09:33
ThreadID: 7608 Views:1882 Replies:4 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Can this forum be set up , where each user name has its own pasword ??? so if I want to impersonate someobe in here , I would need there pasword to do it . Then we also wont have 10 Erics , Toms or Trucksters

Ps , I would love to have a coffee with the impersonator lol . Can we track him through his ISP ???Venus Bay
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Sunday, Oct 05, 2003 at 10:07

Sunday, Oct 05, 2003 at 10:07
Everyone,

Dave is working on this, its not an overnight thing, and it will happen.

I mailed him yesterday and he is working on it.

Give him time.
AnswerID: 32802

Reply By: GaryInOz (Vic) - Sunday, Oct 05, 2003 at 10:19

Sunday, Oct 05, 2003 at 10:19
Another "fingerprint" could be to allow everyone to have their own avatars, not just members.
AnswerID: 32804

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - David - Sunday, Oct 05, 2003 at 11:10

Sunday, Oct 05, 2003 at 11:10
Eric,

Send me the ID of a post, response or followup - I can get the email and password from the system and if required ban the user or at least send them an email.

Every user has there own login and password it is just that the system does not check every ScreenName as unique - I am looking at this - It is not easy as I have to manage uniqueness through the self rego (Visitor) system, Members system and also advertisers - It will take a few days - I must also manage the users that now already have a clash and work out what to do. You will see a newsletter or post about the resolution.

You may have noticed that you cannot now change your screenname during the submission of a post, reply or followup - I will get it right soon.Regards
ExplorOz Team - David
--------------------------
Always working, not enough travelling ;-)
AnswerID: 32806

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Sunday, Oct 05, 2003 at 18:05

Sunday, Oct 05, 2003 at 18:05
Good shiat.

You must be busier than a 1 legged man in a bum kicking competiton..
FollowupID: 23465

Follow Up By: Big Trev - Tuesday, Oct 07, 2003 at 13:19

Tuesday, Oct 07, 2003 at 13:19
If I may be so bold to suggest that owners (David) of this forum contact "laser" at v8central.com.au, that site forum is a beauty, and is controlled very well. When you talk to him, tell him Big Trev recommended you call. It is by far Australias biggest motorsport forum.

http://www.v8central.com/snitz3403/default.asp
FollowupID: 23575

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - David - Tuesday, Oct 07, 2003 at 13:49

Tuesday, Oct 07, 2003 at 13:49
Thanks Big Trev however I already have the source code for the Snitz freeware forum. I personally wrote this forum because I hate the way the other forums operate (with the points for more posts and stuff that detracts from getting good answers - these forums tend to get a lot of rubbish posts to allow people to move up the list). I have created ours and am happy with the current operation in fact our forum is fully integrated into the rest of the site unlike all other forum systems that are tacked into the site. We automatciily update various pages around the site with forum posts and stuff that the other forums do not do. Our current issue is of user management for the entire site and is a fairly easy fix in the scheme of things.

Thanks for the feedback we do value these types of posts however as mentioned I have already got all this source code for Snitz and I am still happy to make ours work the way we have it. This is mainly based on feedback indicating that people do not like the way most forums operate (specifically the post more posts and move up the ladder).Regards
ExplorOz Team - David
--------------------------
Always working, not enough travelling ;-)
FollowupID: 23580

Reply By: Bonz (Vic) - Monday, Oct 06, 2003 at 23:21

Monday, Oct 06, 2003 at 23:21
10 Trucksters !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Perish the thoughtLaterally Literal
Seriously Cerebral
AnswerID: 32941

Sponsored Links