Border Track Feedback

Hey, We are also planning to a trip from Melbourne to do Border Track. We will have around 3 or 4 vehicles and travelling North to South. We plan on departing around about Thursday the 1st. I assume all tracks are open then?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Monday, Feb 22, 2010 at 10:48

Monday, Feb 22, 2010 at 10:48
Thursday the 1st of what??

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 405348

Reply By: Fiona & Paul - Monday, Feb 22, 2010 at 12:08

Monday, Feb 22, 2010 at 12:08
North to South from Melbourne, I reckon you will be in deep water then, or have I misunderstood something?

Regards
Paul H

Paul H
OZ Downunder

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 405373

Follow Up By: Peter Horne [Krakka] - Monday, Feb 22, 2010 at 12:37

Monday, Feb 22, 2010 at 12:37
North to South you can do the one way section of track without having to muck around. So you go to the top of the track and head south towards Melb, generally speaking.
FollowupID: 675080

Follow Up By: Fiona & Paul - Monday, Feb 22, 2010 at 12:51

Monday, Feb 22, 2010 at 12:51
Thanks Peter I knew I may have had the bull by the tail and I can see glossing over the words "to do" brought about my downfall.

We are heading south from Bathurst to do the Great Ocean Road in a couple of weeks so I had better read the maps right getting through the outskirts.

Regards
Paul H
Paul H
OZ Downunder

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 675085

Reply By: malglo - Monday, Feb 22, 2010 at 19:47

Monday, Feb 22, 2010 at 19:47
Simmo88

If you are going from Melbourne, think about going to Pinaroo via Rainbow and Wyperfeld National Park and then down the Border Track

mal
AnswerID: 405450

Reply By: trainslux - Wednesday, Feb 24, 2010 at 10:24

Wednesday, Feb 24, 2010 at 10:24
Best to ring nat parks at Pinneroo to see if they have extended the fire ban/ and closing of the one way part of the track.
Also worth visiting if your near nargkat is the Mt Rescue park.
Rabbit island is a pleasant campsite area too.
Mt rescue point is worth driving to, and walking the last bit of the climb to great views of the area.

cheers

Trains
AnswerID: 405716

Reply By: Simmo88 - Wednesday, Feb 24, 2010 at 12:05

Wednesday, Feb 24, 2010 at 12:05
Sorry for the delay,
I think we are now planning to go the weekend after Easter now. Probably heading up on the Thursday night, returning on the Sunday. Basically so far we are looking at doing a similar route that is shown on the Track Map (just in reverse). We would like to go up to the Murray and the tip of vic, probably head across the boarder, and then enter bordertrack and camp in the Murray sunset NP (from memory) at the camp site shown. then the next day, head to pinaroo and refuel, and then head back in to the southern part of the track, again camping probably near rainbow, or what that lake is that was mentioned (sorry i don't have the map, so this is from memory).

All ideas appreciated, since this is our first visit there, and will probably contact parks before we depart just to confirm its all open and that.
AnswerID: 405730

Sponsored Links