lokka diff lockers

Submitted: Thursday, Feb 25, 2010 at 16:21
ThreadID: 76328 Views:1980 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
can anyone fill me in on these, what are they like as compared to the air operated ones. has anyone had anything to do with them. cheers
Pete
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Tonyfish#58 - Thursday, Feb 25, 2010 at 18:22

Thursday, Feb 25, 2010 at 18:22
Pete - I had ARB Air lockers in my cruiser and they were great. If you can afford the dollars they are the way to go

I have Lokka in my Rodeo and have had no trouble. I do not notice the clicking noise some people talk about as they unlock. The steering is different (it tends to want to centre so you do not let go of the wheel while turning :-) but easy to get used to and to me no issue at all. All in all I say they are a good product, I have done all sorts of country in them - I love them in the rocky stuff. My thought is if you do not go at it like a bull at the gate - they will perform without issues for a long time - I have had mine on for a couple of years now.

Points to consider - I fitted free wheeling hubs so I could unlock the front wheels when on the tar.

Fitting them is not always as easy as stated, so you have to consider fitting costs, my mechanic had to machine some parts to get the tolerances required.

All in all I consider them to be a good enough product and the price is very right. If you are a hard driver and use the gas a lot, I would consider the ARB Air Lockers.
AnswerID: 405986

Reply By: Tonyfish#58 - Thursday, Feb 25, 2010 at 19:44

Thursday, Feb 25, 2010 at 19:44
Lokka 1

Lokka 2

Lokka 3

There are many Lokka Threads - Do a search using "Lokka" and you will have heaps of info - Cheers
AnswerID: 406000

Reply By: parjopete - Thursday, Feb 25, 2010 at 20:24

Thursday, Feb 25, 2010 at 20:24
thanks Tony, i had a look at those three sites and some interesting reading. thanks again.
Pete
AnswerID: 406009

Sponsored Links