EOTrakMe facility

Submitted: Friday, Feb 26, 2010 at 18:46
ThreadID: 76363 Views:2109 Replies:3 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Can anyone tell me how to use the EOTrackMe facility on Exploroz. It looks interesting and similar to SPOT. Cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Friday, Feb 26, 2010 at 18:57

Friday, Feb 26, 2010 at 18:57
George,

It is still a work in progress - I have not fully finished it as yet and have been distracted on a number of projects. I have it on the schedule to get back to it as yet have not had a chance. We will be integrating SPOT into the system also so you can be EO tracked using any GPS enabled phone, PDA, PC, Spot or any other GPS enabled device that can send the coordinates to our tracking server. I am developing the API (programing interface for other developers to plug into) and will be directly supporting Symbian based phones, iPhones and Spot users in the first release.

If you want to help in testing please let me know what phone device you have and I will let you know the status of that device. I have basic instructions for iPhone however the app I am using is not mine at the moment I am using third party app that is not perfect but works.

David

David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 406194

Reply By: Member - George (WA) - Friday, Feb 26, 2010 at 23:36

Friday, Feb 26, 2010 at 23:36
Hi David, thanks for the update. I would be more than happy to help with the testing/ development of your program. I have a Nokia N95 mobile phone. Let me know if that would be suitable. Cheers
AnswerID: 406253

Reply By: vk1dx - Saturday, Feb 27, 2010 at 08:15

Saturday, Feb 27, 2010 at 08:15
George

I don't want to put you off but have you ever though what some evil minded person would do with the information of where you are now.

It is not too hard to monitor forums like this and find out that you are away and therefore home may be a prime target.

Just a thought.

David

I certainly hope your security is better than Facebook's.

Phil

AnswerID: 406278

Follow Up By: Member - George (WA) - Saturday, Feb 27, 2010 at 10:26

Saturday, Feb 27, 2010 at 10:26
Hi vk1dx, That is a good point but I would think that the program would work similar to SPOT. It is only people that you have given the internet link to that will be able to track your movements. However I'm sure David will keep that in mind. Cheers
FollowupID: 675994

Follow Up By: vk1dx - Saturday, Feb 27, 2010 at 10:39

Saturday, Feb 27, 2010 at 10:39
Say we are going away next week. We would then, and only if asked, or at the garage when booking in for a pre-trek checkup, tell people where we are going next "month". Or wait until we are back and tell them where we just went.

Except for family and the neighbour looking after house and if needed the local rangers etc, we don't tell anyone.

Apart from that we stick to the itinerary and disappear into the sunset or sunrise.

What a life.

Phil

FollowupID: 676001

Follow Up By: Member - michael (BOXHD) r (VI - Saturday, Feb 27, 2010 at 14:21

Saturday, Feb 27, 2010 at 14:21
hi we will be going away up to the birdsville races in sept and would like to test your program for u as well

cheers mick
FollowupID: 676033

Sponsored Links