canvas canopy for the rodeo

Submitted: Sunday, Feb 28, 2010 at 07:45
ThreadID: 76407 Views:3404 Replies:3 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
I want to have built a fairly long roof rack (box type) for the rodeo and have a canvas canopy fitted. Drew up what I thought was quite a good diagram and went to the canopy guy recommended by a mate. He said "no worries - be back to you in a couple of days" . rang him about 6 times he always says - "oh the metal fabricator hasnt got back to me"... looks like its a fizzer.well to the question... can anyone recommend a good canvas/vinyl business who does a good job in the north brisbane/redcliffe peninsula/caboolture area? we live on the peninsula. cheers pete
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: seqfisho - Monday, Mar 01, 2010 at 12:24

Monday, Mar 01, 2010 at 12:24
Hi petengail,

I am looking at doing the same to our Rodeo (07 Dcab) once I change the tub to a tray, there is a guy down the road from us who has the setup we want on his Dcab Hilux and his canvas work was done by "Not Just Canvas" at Caboolture, they are in the industrial estate on the eastern side of the freeway. They will be my first point of pricing when we get started on ours, I also notice a simalar setup the other day with a Trackabout Campers tag on the canopy and did see they naming ute canopies in their recent magazine adds, I think Camel also do them, although they are both south of the river but at least you can see there standard of work.

Let us know how you get on and what sort of $$$ they are asking.

Cheers Glen
AnswerID: 406648

Reply By: petengail - Monday, Mar 01, 2010 at 15:01

Monday, Mar 01, 2010 at 15:01
thanks for the reply glen. i was just today forwarding the specs to not just canvas. i am going to leave my rodeo as a tub back i just want the canvas/vinyl back for when we are travelling. thought about a hard back but have a bad back and think that open sided roll up would be better to manoeuvre the 15 hp outboard and the fridge freezer in. will be taking the vinyl off when not in use as the wife dosent like the idea of the reduced visibility when she drives (which is most of the time) will post their quote on here when i get it. cheers
AnswerID: 406692

Reply By: petengail - Friday, Mar 05, 2010 at 08:02

Friday, Mar 05, 2010 at 08:02
well glen i got a quote from not just canvas. they quoted me for an aliminium rack and frame painted to match the ute. and would you believe they wanted $4.700 thats four thousand seven hundred dollars. all i really wanted was the cheapest i could get. anyway i went to a metal fabricator in the industrial area at clontarf and he is going to make me one up next week. it will have a flat roof probably aliminium with a box roof rack on top of it and the frame for the canvas. he said it will cost between 6 and 7 hundred. will post on here again when i get it done. will also post when i have had the canvas work done so you will know the all up cost
AnswerID: 407327

Follow Up By: petengail - Saturday, Mar 13, 2010 at 16:01

Saturday, Mar 13, 2010 at 16:01
had first look at the setup - had it made by a guy in the clontarf industrial area. i am very impressed. has a solid sheet of metal for the roof so no sag with a canvas roof - all looks very sturdy and professionally made. next weekend he will fit the roof rack - with a roller bar on the back to make it easier to load. his quote - 700 dollars all up - very pleased. will get a quote for the vynl after the easter break, and when it is fitted will post that on here also.
FollowupID: 678617

Follow Up By: petengail - Wednesday, Mar 17, 2010 at 17:59

Wednesday, Mar 17, 2010 at 17:59
dont know if you are still watching this post glen - however i am half way through having my racks build by r and j enjineering at clontarf - storie street i think - will cost 700 for the racks and steves canvas is doing the vynl for 550 so 1250 all up and very happy with it - looking good
FollowupID: 679212

Follow Up By: petengail - Monday, Mar 22, 2010 at 11:50

Monday, Mar 22, 2010 at 11:50
roof rack is now finished - cost blew out to $1000 - however very impressed indeed money well spent. vynl sides quoted at 550 so 1550 all up.
FollowupID: 679837

Sponsored Links