Red Shaw (RIP)

Submitted: Tuesday, Mar 02, 2010 at 22:16
ThreadID: 76498 Views:2247 Replies:0 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Just read in the current edition of Western 4WDriver on the passing of Robert (Red) Shaw. I first come to meet Red in 1993 as a result of traversing the road from Coolgardie to Hyden. I came across this sign that read something like this "Pigeon rock hole" with an arrow pointing in the direction "contact Red" with a phone number, so when I got home I did. Red had been involved with several others in finding/clearing the Holland Track. Red also did a presentation on the Holland Track to the 4wd club that I was once with. He came dressed as per the 1893 era and did an excellent presentation in order to entice others to participate in the fourth coming re-opening of the Holland track trip, but apart from me no one else participated. Red hitched a ride with me for the 4 day run. My vehicle (cause of its uniqueness) featured a few times in the first Holland Track book. Red was one of those great blokes you meet and even though you don't stay in touch when you do re-meet its just like old times. RIP Red.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Sponsored Links