Coleman Oven

Submitted: Wednesday, Mar 03, 2010 at 19:03
ThreadID: 76526 Views:2439 Replies:6 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all

We're interested in the coleman oven especially after seeing a post last regarding it. We haven't actually seen one as yet but we are enquiring if anyone has one and would appreciate any comments. We're especially interested in the weight and how flat does it fold.

Many thanks

John & Helen
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: dieseltojo - Wednesday, Mar 03, 2010 at 19:17

Wednesday, Mar 03, 2010 at 19:17
Here is some info.

http://www.campertrailers.org/bread_baking.htm
AnswerID: 407142

Follow Up By: ljsroslyn - Thursday, Mar 04, 2010 at 08:00

Thursday, Mar 04, 2010 at 08:00
That article came around in my desperation to make bread for myself whilst on the road and that was the principle reason for buying one. Since then though it always travels with us and we have used it for baking cakes, roasts and anything else that requires an oven. Wouldn't be without it
Cheers
FollowupID: 677062

Reply By: greenant - Wednesday, Mar 03, 2010 at 20:09

Wednesday, Mar 03, 2010 at 20:09
Hi Westskip

Got one, it is great, the box it came in is 320mm x 320mm x 80mm and weighs about 2kg bought mine online $62 delivered to my door in N.Q. from Down Under Camping Slacks Creek Brisbane ph 0732992720

Greenant
AnswerID: 407153

Reply By: Member - Michael R (NSW) - Wednesday, Mar 03, 2010 at 21:07

Wednesday, Mar 03, 2010 at 21:07
Hi there,

We've had one for a few years. It always goes with us. It folds to a couple of inches flat. We've always used it with the Coleman stove and have never had a problem with it. Have cooked roasts (for say 2-3 people), birthday cakes in the Simpson to Pavlovas (if it can do a pav then it must be good). Just remember the heat is coming from the base.

The temperature guage seems to be pretty spot on, and it doesn't seem to use a lot of fuel. It's easy to set up and fold back down. Ideal for the times when you want an oven, but can't be bothered doing the camp oven thing. Great for things like pasta bakes, heating up some pies etc.

Downside: Only 1 rack, so you need to be careful which level you sit the rack on, most we use the middle level and i've fudged a cake rack to make a stand on the lowest level so we have 2 racks. beleive you can get a spare rack from Coleman as a spare part.

Overall, it's a good piece of gear, takes up little space (say as much as a frying pan - but square).

Michael
AnswerID: 407163

Reply By: Member - Michael R (NSW) - Wednesday, Mar 03, 2010 at 21:07

Wednesday, Mar 03, 2010 at 21:07
Hi there,

We've had one for a few years. It always goes with us. It folds to a couple of inches flat. We've always used it with the Coleman stove and have never had a problem with it. Have cooked roasts (for say 2-3 people), birthday cakes in the Simpson to Pavlovas (if it can do a pav then it must be good). Just remember the heat is coming from the base.

The temperature guage seems to be pretty spot on, and it doesn't seem to use a lot of fuel. It's easy to set up and fold back down. Ideal for the times when you want an oven, but can't be bothered doing the camp oven thing. Great for things like pasta bakes, heating up some pies etc.

Downside: Only 1 rack, so you need to be careful which level you sit the rack on, most we use the middle level and i've fudged a cake rack to make a stand on the lowest level so we have 2 racks. beleive you can get a spare rack from Coleman as a spare part.

Overall, it's a good piece of gear, takes up little space (say as much as a frying pan - but square).

Michael
AnswerID: 407164

Follow Up By: Member - Michael R (NSW) - Wednesday, Mar 03, 2010 at 21:42

Wednesday, Mar 03, 2010 at 21:42
oops - double post
FollowupID: 677019

Reply By: Crackles - Wednesday, Mar 03, 2010 at 22:03

Wednesday, Mar 03, 2010 at 22:03
Cooks well. We bought a 2nd rack to cook a couple of items at once. Thermometer is not very accurate but once you work out how far it's out that doesn't matter. Great for pizza's, sweets, nacho's, bread, etc. Haven't cooked a roast in it as not quite big enough for our family of 5. We use the Coleman multi fuel stove to heat it.
Cheers craig.............
AnswerID: 407178

Reply By: Teraa - Wednesday, Mar 03, 2010 at 22:19

Wednesday, Mar 03, 2010 at 22:19
It's pretty cool, my hubbie loves those tin steak & kidney pies and they come up really yummy in this oven. I put foil on the shelf theres only one to stop any leaks and it fits on our little 3 burner gas camper stove for size it will fit 2 of those pies..
AnswerID: 407182

Follow Up By: Member - Humff(TAS) - Thursday, Mar 04, 2010 at 10:13

Thursday, Mar 04, 2010 at 10:13
hi teraa
I have been meaning to buy one of these ovens for a while now.

What is the dimensions of the oven when it is unfolded.
p,s I love them there pies to
FollowupID: 677078

Sponsored Links