For updates Lake Eyre & Cooper

Submitted: Sunday, Mar 07, 2010 at 11:04
ThreadID: 76633 Views:3149 Replies:1 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
The most accurate web site I have seen yet
The Lake Eyre National Park web site look for the 2010 updates.
I have been told after all the media crap last year this will be updated and what is said on it is pretty much close to the mark to anything I have seen yet.
The Warburton Creek is already flowing into the Lake and has been for about a week now. They didn't know that nor did BOM.
Expected fresh flows in 2 - 3 weeks but I reckon we are only in for a short season if there is not follow up rain but some river levels from above are higher than last year and there is 2 m more water in the Warburton then last year.
On the other side and it's hard to get info on is what the flow will be in the Neales & Muccumba, I can tell you that the Muccumba is running.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Kiwi_In_Aussie(Wagga) - Sunday, Mar 07, 2010 at 11:45

Sunday, Mar 07, 2010 at 11:45
Some may also find this link of interest

Lake Eyre Yatch Club
AnswerID: 407630

Follow Up By: Teraa - Sunday, Mar 07, 2010 at 16:14

Sunday, Mar 07, 2010 at 16:14
I have been following the Lake Eyre Yacht club page over some years not very accurate to what actualy is going on.
FollowupID: 677575

Follow Up By: Crackles - Monday, Mar 08, 2010 at 18:56

Monday, Mar 08, 2010 at 18:56
Unfortunately that site is not updated regulary & last year in particular one could have been excused for thinking they were exagerating the amount of water in the Lake to get more people to come out & spend money. Good to hear there may be a more reliable web site for tourists to base their outback travel plans on.
Cheers Craig...............
FollowupID: 677825

Sponsored Links