flinders ranges

Submitted: Wednesday, Oct 08, 2003 at 18:27
ThreadID: 7683 Views:1870 Replies:5 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Am planing to visit the Flinders in SA early December,yeah I know probably very hot but only time I can get away, Any tips about this area-places to camp, must sees or even dont's.
Any suggestions appreciated
cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Ross- Wednesday, Oct 08, 2003 at 18:51

Wednesday, Oct 08, 2003 at 18:51
Be sure to head up the road a tad to the Gammon Ranges NP. Much more remote and worth the visit. Check out the Grindel's Hut area .. a great spot and you can take a good run through the back blocks to Arkaroola. The run across to Lake Fromme is also worth it. But if it's anything like last April the bloody flies will drive you completely mental.Rosco
AnswerID: 33156

Reply By: chapo - Wednesday, Oct 08, 2003 at 20:17

Wednesday, Oct 08, 2003 at 20:17
I travelled through the Flinders last december and yes it was hot but the beauty was there were hardly any other people around.We travelled up from Yunta and stayed at Chambers Gorge,absolutely beautiful,peaceful and full of wild life. Then we headed back through Blinman and Glass Gorge to Parachilna,well worth the trip. I have been through the Flinders a number of times in all seasons and found early summer to be the best.
AnswerID: 33169

Reply By: Member - Rick (S.A.) - Wednesday, Oct 08, 2003 at 21:37

Wednesday, Oct 08, 2003 at 21:37
jugular - or whatever -

Suggest you do a search on this topic. It is a regularly asked question.

If you have time, go on a P.A.R. or one of the many private 4wd treks in the region.

Read my recent posts, and that of Willie's. We were both up there last week, but in different locations.

Cheers

RickRick (S.A.) - ' It is better to travel hopefully than arrive'
AnswerID: 33185

Reply By: roo - Wednesday, Oct 08, 2003 at 23:01

Wednesday, Oct 08, 2003 at 23:01
Gday,
I suggest that you give SKYTREK on Willow Springs station a try. It is 21 Kms Nth of Wilpena Pound, have alook at their web site www.frabs.com.au/skytrek.htm.
Also Arkaroola is well worth the extra miles. Brachina and Bunyaroo Gorges are great scenery,and camping is well worth it at Chambers Gorge.
Have a look at www.flinders.outback.on.net for other ideas.

Cheers

ROO
AnswerID: 33197

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - David - Thursday, Oct 09, 2003 at 01:49

Thursday, Oct 09, 2003 at 01:49
I know you may have already done so but I am staggered at the number of people that don't know - Have a look at the Flinders Ranges Trek Notes on this site. Go to Trip Planning - TrekNotes and select SA - Flinders region.

Enjoy.Regards
ExplorOz Team - David
--------------------------
Always working, not enough travelling ;-)
AnswerID: 33204

Sponsored Links