Tyre wear on simplicity suspension

Submitted: Saturday, Mar 20, 2010 at 01:06
ThreadID: 77018 Views:8084 Replies:3 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Hi everyone Perhaps this questions been asked before on this site We have a tandem axle offroad caravan and the trailing tyres are wearing excessively on the inside shoulders .I'm towing 3.2 tonne on 16 x8 in with cooper atr,s We do as much gravel road as possible so i would have thought the fronts would be wearing the same .So does anyone know if there is such a thing as a wheel alignment for simplicity suspensions .The tyres have only done 25000 k's and i might be lucky to get 55000 k's We're in Perth and heading to the caravan show tomorrow. May find someone there who can tell me something, .Would love to hear from anyone who;s had a similar problem with theirs. Cheers Red tail black
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Motherhen - Saturday, Mar 20, 2010 at 01:21

Saturday, Mar 20, 2010 at 01:21
Hi Red Tail

Simplicity suspension is adjustable and can be done 'on the road', however best bet is to find a truck alignment business and it will be easy for them and accurate with their equipment. We couldn't go to a regular tyre place because we were too big to get in most workshops. We had ours checked when away last year, as one wheel sometimes looked at a bit of an angle then next stop it looked OK so we blamed the lay of the land until the uneven tyre wear could be noticed. The alignment was fine, but on further examination there was a very slight bow in the axle. A simple job for the truck aligner whilst on the work pit.

Do you have the phone number of the manufacturer of the suspension? They are very helpful. MM me if you would like contact name and number.

Motherhen

Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 409561

Follow Up By: Red Tail Black (WA) - Saturday, Mar 20, 2010 at 23:38

Saturday, Mar 20, 2010 at 23:38
Hi Motherhen,
Thanks for this info will follow up with one of the trucking companies. We spoke to Elross at the show today and he said they need it quite often if we are doing lots of corrugated roads.
Are you going up to the National Judy it will be great to meet you one day.
Cheers Julie and Brian
FollowupID: 679630

Reply By: DIO - Saturday, Mar 20, 2010 at 09:17

Saturday, Mar 20, 2010 at 09:17
Gee, 25,000 km on a set of tyres carrying 3.2 t over gravel roads etc is pretty good. As for 55,000 km - think you might be dreaming. Good luck.
AnswerID: 409587

Follow Up By: Red Tail Black (WA) - Saturday, Mar 20, 2010 at 23:45

Saturday, Mar 20, 2010 at 23:45
Hi Dio,
Sorry should of been more specific it's about 50/50 if there is gravel going there we take it. Yea not sure how much I will get out of them just hoping as they are still very good at the moment.
Cheers Julie and Brian
FollowupID: 679631

Reply By: Gone Bush (WA) - Sunday, Mar 21, 2010 at 00:03

Sunday, Mar 21, 2010 at 00:03
I was told by some fellow Bushtracker owners that these people can do it:

Big Wheels Perth

I haven't confirmed it myself so I'll be interested in what you find out.

What are your impressions of the Elross after a few kays?

I'm glad I ain't too scared to be lazy
- Augustus McCrae (Lonesome Dove)

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 409694

Follow Up By: Red Tail Black (WA) - Sunday, Mar 21, 2010 at 00:23

Sunday, Mar 21, 2010 at 00:23
Hi Gone Bush,
Thanks for Big Wheel will follow that up.
Really happy with the Elross van, had a few teething problems when we first got her but they have sorted out all these problems no question asked. It is so well constructed and we are really please we chose to go with them. It travels great on the gravel and so far no problems.
The dust prevention system we put on is brilliant and its the first van I have owned and even after a white tissue check Ha Ha I find it hard to get any dust.
The outside hatches are just as dust proof as the inside of the van.
My only gripe would be the amount of silicone they use and they were a bit slack cleaning the outside joins off. We think we might of rushed then to get it out as we had a dead line to get away last year.
Cheers Julie and Brian
FollowupID: 679635

Sponsored Links