62series h55f 5speed dramas

Submitted: Saturday, Mar 20, 2010 at 22:26
ThreadID: 77046 Views:2182 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hello,I'm having troubles with my gearbox,I cant select any gears at all while the engine is running/idling,there's plenty of fluid in the reservoir and there doesn't seem to be any fluid leaks anywhere.
The gear box was changing fine before I went on a 2 week break and I`ve never had any trouble with it before.
If anyone out there has any ideas it would be great to hear from you.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: tojofixa - Saturday, Mar 20, 2010 at 22:47

Saturday, Mar 20, 2010 at 22:47
Hi. Scotty.
Sounds to me like the primary rubber in the clutch master cylinder has collapsed allowing air to enter the master cylinder past the piston.
You may be able to fix it by fitting an overhaul kit to the master cylinder and bleeding the system. You can also buy brand new clutch master cylinders & slave cylinders after market for these vehicles from Repco or Bursons at very reasonable prices.
Hope this is of some help.
AnswerID: 409686

Reply By: kimberleybloke - Saturday, Mar 20, 2010 at 23:03

Saturday, Mar 20, 2010 at 23:03
Scotty, it could also be the clutch plate stuck to the flywheel if its been sitting for a couple of weeks in any sort of damp/humid weather.Try this,engine off,select 1st gear,depress clutch,start engine and keep your foot down on the clutch and drive around untill the clutch plate frees itself up,assuming you have a clear area to do this.Can take a few minutes to free up,come across this problem fairly often in the tropics during the wet.
AnswerID: 409687

Follow Up By: Member - Alastair D (NSW) - Sunday, Mar 21, 2010 at 14:24

Sunday, Mar 21, 2010 at 14:24
As above plus - if it fails to free up after a minute or 2 then stamp hard on the footbrake briefly. Best to do it in 4wd to get more shock effect through the drive train.
FollowupID: 679666

Reply By: Member - William H (WA) - Saturday, Mar 20, 2010 at 23:03

Saturday, Mar 20, 2010 at 23:03
I had this problem a few months back, and change the master and slave ,nothing changed as i then changed the clutch and pressure plate,also had the fly wheal skimmed, and also put in a new spigot bearing,and thrust bearing and all was well after that,sometimes the fins on the pressure plate wear out and so do the springs on the plate.also check the rear seal when the fly wheal is off for oil leak's
Hope this helps you fix the problem.
Cheers for now...Williamh...Bunbury...WA.
AnswerID: 409688

Reply By: Scotty75 - Wednesday, Mar 24, 2010 at 22:35

Wednesday, Mar 24, 2010 at 22:35
Thanks Kimberlybloke,
You were spot on! I live in Hedland so yeah it was the humidity that must have done it.Couldnt free it up by drivng around though,had to take the dust cover off and get a mate to press the clutch in an then I stuck a small screw driver up between the flywheel and clutch plate.
Worked a treat.
Cheers mate
Scotty
AnswerID: 410270

Sponsored Links