Cost of rego in SA

Submitted: Friday, Oct 10, 2003 at 15:54
ThreadID: 7717 Views:3577 Replies:3 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
A question for South Aussies: I'll be down in SA at Christmas for a few weeks, and as my NSW rego expires early January (bugger of a time for rego!), was thinking of re registering it in SA. We are going to be moving down there next year, and I have my inlaws address to use for licence/rego purposes. Anybody done such a transfer (NSW to SA) and know whats invovlved? Will it need an inspection?
In NSW we need a greenslip, pinkslip then rego...whats the go in SA and how much to register an 80 series? (no discounts...full fare)

A bit off the topic, but from what I've been told, I'll need to get a SA electrical licence, I have a NSW Qualified Supervisors Certificate (Electrician), and up till recently thought it was a national licence. Anyone know whats involved in getting a SA sparky licence?

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Wherethehellawi - Friday, Oct 10, 2003 at 16:20

Friday, Oct 10, 2003 at 16:20
a 100 series costs $579.00 in nov 2002 Including bodily injury insurance
dunno about inspections though; we dont have them as a mandatory yearly thing but not sure what is required for interstaters. I will ask the missus when she gets home....she knows everything. And its got nothing to do with the fact that she worked there for 20yrs plus. (women!!!)

I beleive your electrical licence will be recognised here in SA. If you are going to do electrical then you need it for sure. If working for yourself at any stage including weekends ( outside of of an employer) then you'll also need a Electrical Contractors licence. Both of these will cost ya.

To check ring the Business and Consumer Affairs licencing section 08 82049644 or fax 08 82049697 and they can advise further.
Oh and
Welcome to SA Wow! am I cute
If yer ain't fishing, Yer ain't livin
AnswerID: 33350

Follow Up By: mrdesmo - Saturday, Oct 11, 2003 at 07:19

Saturday, Oct 11, 2003 at 07:19
Thanks for the contact #'s, will give them a try in January.
FollowupID: 23976

Reply By: Willie - Friday, Oct 10, 2003 at 20:20

Friday, Oct 10, 2003 at 20:20
I bought my old truck in Queensland and when I re registered it here in SA I had to fill in a form at Transport SA and then take that form to the nearest Police Station. There I paid $16 ( has probably gone up by now) for a policeman to come out to the vehicle and write down the engine number. Then he went to his computer and cross referenced it with Queensland details and gave the form back to me. Then I went back to the registry office and paid my dues. My truck is worth $444pa pensioners discount and will probably cost out at about $520 full fare. There are no annual inspections(at the moment). You may register your vehicle for 3,6,9 or 12 months and up to 15 months if you ask nicely. You can also register your vehicle seasonally.
Never a dull moment
AnswerID: 33378

Follow Up By: mrdesmo - Saturday, Oct 11, 2003 at 07:23

Saturday, Oct 11, 2003 at 07:23
Hi Willie,
I like the idea of 3,6,9 & 12 month rego's, only dealers can get that over here...I think I'll go for a 6 month to move my renewal away from Chrissy....We're never home around then so would be a pain organising rego and a hole in the grog account for the festive season!
FollowupID: 23977

Reply By: Voxson (Adelaide) - Friday, Oct 10, 2003 at 22:04

Friday, Oct 10, 2003 at 22:04
Ok.. to change your rego over to SA you need to take your car to VIS (vehicle inspection station) at regency park and have the engine and vin checked by the SA road transport inspector on duty and then you can be issued with SA rego...
Be careful that the car is not obviously unroadworthy or modified because if they see fit they will cease your change over of rego till a full inspection is carried out...


PS.. Speaking from experience...and they are fussy on tinted windows..._____________________________________________

AnswerID: 33399

Follow Up By: mrdesmo - Saturday, Oct 11, 2003 at 07:28

Saturday, Oct 11, 2003 at 07:28
Hi Voxson,
Thanks for that...the 80 is pretty stock standard at the mo, so it will pass an inspection no worries. I just got the windows tinted, and in a previous post I asked about SA regulations, I told the blokes at Solace before they did it about the laws in SA and they said they knew about them blah blah blah...but I reckon it looks a bit dark...35% they said...fingers crossed...
FollowupID: 23978

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (13)