Sunday in The Snow.

Submitted: Friday, Oct 10, 2003 at 21:42
ThreadID: 7727 Views:2200 Replies:3 FollowUps:7
This Thread has been Archived
Suggestions for people who are heading to Mt Skene on Sunday

If something goes WRONG, we will help recover you, but your not suing my ass for $0.01cent if you bleep up due to stupidity or otherwise, like crash or roll your car etc, or bleep up... Use common sense, think things through 4 times, take your time, its not a race, and then do them once if you think you can, and nothing will go wrong.

1) If your concerned at any stage of the drive speak up, dont be ashamed to say your worried, or not confident to go on. Everyone would rather you called up on the CB/UHF and something than something go wrong. Takes a bigger man to speak up than to bleep up.

2) All cars to have own recovery gear
a) Snatch Strap in good condition.
b) MIN 2 Rated Shakles
c) Some form of damper to use on the snatch strap/winch cable
d) Shovel
e) CAMERA and Film !!! ;)
f) Boots and Gloves, if we need them its better to have them, keep hands warm.
g) Tire pump would be handy, and pressure gauge. but not essential, theres no servos open later in the arvo round that neck of the woods.
h) If something goes WRONG, we will help recover you, but your not suing my ass for $0.01cent if you bleep up due to stupidity or otherwise, like crash or roll your car etc, or bleep up... Use common sense, think things through 4 times, take your time, its not a race, and then do them once if you think you can, and nothing will go wrong.

3) Tires ATs are good. We will go as far as we can safely for all cars, then decide.
Fresh snow should make it a little more fun! But Im betting there will be lots out in it this weekend, as it could be the last weekend of good snow...

4) Food, and thermos, and WARM CLOTHES.. maybe even a blanket...

5) Be in Mansfield at 10-10.30am on UHF and 27meg Channel 25.

6) If something goes wrong, you are on your own, claim your insurance.. In other words, If something goes WRONG, we will help recover you, but your not suing my ass for $0.01cent if you bleep up due to stupidity or otherwise, like crash or roll your car etc, or bleep up... Use common sense, think things through 4 times, take your time, its not a race, and then do them once if you think you can, and nothing will go wrong.

7) Bring a funny hat or stuffed animal for a photo at the top.

8) All women, no bras >8--)~

9) Diesels are to fill up at Mansfield with Alpine Mix Fuel.. Last thing we want is frozen diesel on the hill!

10) All be ready for fun, and coming home safely undamaged with lots of photos.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: DODO(bendigo) - Friday, Oct 10, 2003 at 21:57

Friday, Oct 10, 2003 at 21:57
ok bossRaphus cucullatus
AnswerID: 33395

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Friday, Oct 10, 2003 at 21:59

Friday, Oct 10, 2003 at 21:59
ICQ bitch?
FollowupID: 23962

Reply By: Member - Al Symers (SA) - Friday, Oct 10, 2003 at 22:19

Friday, Oct 10, 2003 at 22:19
G'day Truckster, I'm not having a "go" at you but if someone gets into trouble and go to make a claim, their insurance company could take the view that you organised the outing and might want to find you responsible. It's called passing the buck. Found out about it through our 4x club insurance officer. That's why the clubs have to pay liability insurance. You would also need to make sure that all participants have their own Public Liability insurance.
I wish we lived in a simpler world.
Enjoy your trip, Wish we were closer to that country.Nil Taurus Excretus
AnswerID: 33401

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Friday, Oct 10, 2003 at 22:36

Friday, Oct 10, 2003 at 22:36
Thats why I'm not running a trip, I'm going up to the snow,if people follow my tire tracks then thats their call, theres nothing I can do to stop them. I recommend the shiat as a basic safety thing, for common sense travelling of all 4wders in snow. :) Any 4wd club would show the same things as a minimum.

Anyway if anyone has that attitude, they can stay home...

Dont think that clubs are doing bleep for you now with this new "set of guidelines" that they are all going for.

This is for EVERYONE NOT JUST CLUBS:

As I understand it,

"if more than 7 other Vehicles go with you that constitues you running an organised trip".

In this case EVERY individual "running a TRIP" will need FULL PUBLIC LIABILITY INSURANCE same as a Commercial Tour operator needs now. Thats you, me, anyone - in a club or not. This will infact kill all 4wd, motorcycle pushbike, car, walking clubs. Can you feel the insurance companies drooling already?

Since they are guidelines, this will open up a whole new world of hate and hurt in courts. You can see lawyers salivating now, "WHY DIDNT YOU FOLLOW THE GUIDELINES", this is to Farmer Fred, and his cousins who live in the sticks and have never heard of them, but this is no excuse. There are guidelines, thats the end of going 4wding with your mates. I want to die, and be reborn 50 yrs ago so we dont have to put up with all this bleep .

Also how do you know if people are covered? even if they produce the paper thats not worth bleep anymore.

POINT #11. ANYONE FOLLOWING MY TIRE TRACKS HAS TO HAVE THEIR OWN FULL COMPLETE CURRENT PAID PUBLIC LIABILITY INSURANCE, and produce the proof at the servo..

Simpler world?
Stop Law students for the next 30 years. Its the only way to get back to a simple world.

Too many bleep in lawyers. I guess theres about 2 per family in aussie now! And they all want their cut.

*** REMEMBER ***

What do you call 3 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean?
A GOOD START.
FollowupID: 23968

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Friday, Oct 10, 2003 at 22:42

Friday, Oct 10, 2003 at 22:42
PS. isnt PUBLIC LIABILITY INSURANCE part of your compulsory car insurance these days?
FollowupID: 23969

Follow Up By: DODO(bendigo) - Friday, Oct 10, 2003 at 22:42

Friday, Oct 10, 2003 at 22:42
so what happens in a funeral pressesion do we sue the leading carRaphus cucullatus
FollowupID: 23970

Follow Up By: Willie - Friday, Oct 10, 2003 at 22:43

Friday, Oct 10, 2003 at 22:43
The answer? Travel soloNever a dull moment
FollowupID: 23971

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Friday, Oct 10, 2003 at 22:49

Friday, Oct 10, 2003 at 22:49
Willie,
Its going to be the answer.

What a bleep world this is now. Cant even enjoy a weekend away with ya mates. Easy for me, I have none, but for others.... :->~
FollowupID: 23972

Follow Up By: Member -BJ (Sydney) - Saturday, Oct 11, 2003 at 18:13

Saturday, Oct 11, 2003 at 18:13
did you notice all this public liability bleep started when they allowed layers to advertise & all the one's who do advertise we'll sue them for you.Regards Bob
Where to next
FollowupID: 24004

Reply By: Member - Al Symers (SA) - Saturday, Oct 11, 2003 at 21:38

Saturday, Oct 11, 2003 at 21:38
The biggest problem I see with all these laws, rules and regulations is that they are written by lawyers so that they can get mega rich arguing about the laws that they write so they get richer writing new laws to cover their mistakes.
A thousand lawyers would be a better start.Nil Taurus Excretus
AnswerID: 33443

Sponsored Links