Evakool Fridgemate - Yellow one - how to secure

Hi all

I have had the evakool yellow fridge for a few months now and am stoked with it. 55L job.

Problem is, and I swore a couple years ago I'd never again by a fridge without tie down handles, the bloody thing only has one.

Sure I could tie it down at the front but then it's butt would swing around in the empty ute. Any suggestions?

I suppose the only option is to build a frame for it but then how to keep the butt down on bumps?

Porl
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - sdr00y (Beecroft,NSW) - Thursday, Apr 01, 2010 at 13:33

Thursday, Apr 01, 2010 at 13:33
I have a fridge without tie downs, don't know how old, but 10 years I guess. I tie it down with an old lap sash seatbelt. It is in the back of my troopie so wont move forwards or backwards because of the layout of the back of the car, but I stopped it bouncing up and down and moving sideways with the seatbelt. Each end of the seat belt is anchored to the floor on each side of the fridge. The belt itself just goes up the sides and over the top of the fridge. The belt clip connection is on one side for easy adjustment. The belt webbing is wide enough to spread the load of the tension without marking and you can adjust the tension easily. Sure you have to unclip the seatbelt each time you want to open the fridge but it is an easy cheap solution.

Perhaps you could fit something like this in the back of the ute?

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 411284

Reply By: trainslux - Thursday, Apr 01, 2010 at 16:09

Thursday, Apr 01, 2010 at 16:09
Contact Evakool, and get another handle, and tec screw it or pop rivet it to replace the finger grip that your yellow one has.
Lost of people have done this successfully in the past.

T
AnswerID: 411300

Follow Up By: trainslux - Thursday, Apr 01, 2010 at 16:11

Thursday, Apr 01, 2010 at 16:11
Yeah, I know.
its not Lost of people have done this, but lots.

I need a beer.

T
FollowupID: 681395

Reply By: Member - Tony V (NSW) - Thursday, Apr 01, 2010 at 16:58

Thursday, Apr 01, 2010 at 16:58
Porl

I have the Evekook 70 ltr, on one end is a white handle where the compressor is and the other end is a formed handle with no hole.

I strap over this, at the other end I use the handle.

No movement

AnswerID: 411308

Reply By: Wilko - Thursday, Apr 01, 2010 at 17:57

Thursday, Apr 01, 2010 at 17:57
Hi Porl,

I got the same one and I got another handle from Evakool and mounted it on the side that doesnt have one I then use them to tie it down.

They are quite strong although they dont feel like it.

Cheers Wilko
AnswerID: 411314

Reply By: Member - Porl - Thursday, Apr 01, 2010 at 21:07

Thursday, Apr 01, 2010 at 21:07
Thanks everyone, will try the strap over the jutting non-handle and if no success then the extra handle it is.
AnswerID: 411345

Reply By: Brunohamilton - Wednesday, Apr 07, 2010 at 08:30

Wednesday, Apr 07, 2010 at 08:30
I just strap over the box with the motor, no problems.

One thing to note, I had the fuse die and they are not the sort of fuse that you can get at many places. I got a few as spares when I finally found a place in Darwin, and it hasn't blown again with six months continuous use. Just, it may be worth getting a spare before you go bush, as I had to eat all the meat real quick. And warm beer, lucky I had some good red to drink.
AnswerID: 411910

Follow Up By: Member - Porl - Wednesday, Apr 07, 2010 at 22:59

Wednesday, Apr 07, 2010 at 22:59
Great, will get spares this weekend, thanks for the tip off.

Boy would i be cranky with warm beer, even warm red would annoy me, I better strore some port in with the recovery gear.
FollowupID: 682026

Sponsored Links