cooked it ?

Submitted: Friday, Apr 02, 2010 at 15:26
ThreadID: 77399 Views:2905 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Guys, this is another battery question I'm afraid. Getting ready to scoot off in the camper for a few days next week. The other half thought he'd help by putting the battery on charge however neglected to check the water levels first. The charger went through its several charging phases ok. Unfortunately when I checked the battery today- all cells appear dry! So I've topped them up.
The equalised voltage is reading 12.8. I don't suppose there is any easy way to determine how much damage has been done to the battery until we use it and see how much output it has?Thought anyone? thanks, doc.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Graham H (QLD) - Friday, Apr 02, 2010 at 15:37

Friday, Apr 02, 2010 at 15:37
Get it load tested is the best and quickest way to find out.

Doing a static test proves nothing really.

Take it to a Battery shop and get them to see if it still holding the charge.

Dont like your chances if it was dry.

AnswerID: 411415

Reply By: Maîneÿ . . .- Friday, Apr 02, 2010 at 15:37

Friday, Apr 02, 2010 at 15:37
either take it to a battery specialist and have it deep discharge tested or run the fridge off it till it gets down to 12.3 Volts and then recharge it again

Maîneÿ . . .
AnswerID: 411416

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (11)